Forums Horror Movie Talk
"F13” Fan Plans To Resurrect Franchise

The year was 1980.

Sean S. Cunningham, needing money to pay the bills, decided to make a low budget slasher film.

That film, Friday the 13th, went on to become one of the most successful franchises in Hollywood history.

After an amazing eleven sequels and one remake the bloody flicks have taken in over four hundred and xty million dollars worldwide.

nce the huge box office success of Platinum Dunes' 2009 remake fans have been waiting for where the series would go next.

According to all the interviews and articles it seems the fizz is all gone.

Studios aren’t interested in doing another film.

I wonder if fans, real fans, want to see another film follow in the footsteps of the remake.

All fans can probably agree it’d be great to see iconic slasher Jason Voorhees on the big screen again.

The administrator of Adrienne King’s (Friday the 13th, Friday the 13th Part 2) and Amy Steel’s (Friday the 13th Part 2) Facebook pages, Patrick Dobson, recently posted a poster for a new Friday the 13th film that he’s been writing.

“One day I was watching the “His Name Is Jason” DVD.

On their, there was a couple of interviews that stated by Amy and Adrienne would like to come back and take on Jason.

I thought to myself why has this not happen yet,”

Dobson said in a comment on Facebook after being questions by Amy Steel fans.

The concept of the film is to bring back King’s and Steel’s character along with Lar Park Lincoln (Tina, Friday the 13th Part 7: A New Blood) to battle Jason one last time at Camp Crystal Lake.

Dobson continued to say,

“I came up with an outline for a story.

It just sat on the back burner for a while.

One night I decided to come up with a “teaser” poster.

My mind was being flooded with scenes and story lines.

So, I decided to put the poster up on Adrienne’s and Amy’s te to see the reaction.

Both of them loved the idea and now I was stuck writing a script to it.”He plans on giving the script to Sean S. Cunningham at the Monster-Mania Friday Reunion in Maryland on June 3rd through the 5th.

dakotathomas Saturday 4/30/2011 at 12:43 AM | 75234
WOW... This doesnt seem like a bad idea at all. I always loved movies where previous survivors come back to fight the enemy again! nce studios can't seem to do movies justice maybe it is time fans take it in our own hands and dish out some ideas and concepts!
kizzle Monday 5/02/2011 at 12:21 AM | 75345