Forums Horror Movie Talk
A Look Inside The Mind Of Lester, A Writer You Should Know.

Okay, just found out some very amazing things, his name is Lester Blosser and he has a lot of big plans, some of which are beyond what I thought before. In a previous post I spoke of this young writer and how he had ideas unlike anything I had seen before. Well now I’m here to say “ITS BETTER THAN I THOUGHT”. After some pleading and some brave questions, I was able to get a little information outta him about plans to change the face of horror and give the people back what they want. I know talking about him may be redundant, but I feel that if he isn’t put out there, he will never be able to share his ideas with a starving nation.

I myself have asked question after question and so far he has been more than willing to answer. He has been working for a while now and although he has restarted one script (he didn’t find it disturbing enough) he has been making a lot of progress on several big things. I finally asked if he was going to go for his dream and with a mple “Perhaps”, I knew I needed to keep on my mison to tell his story. We actually spoke on the phone and after a very long conversation; I knew even more of his talents.

“I will never be like anyone else,” He said. “I will be someone completely different and unexpected though.” I didn’t know what to say, but I let him talk on for a while and as he told me more personal things, I began to see where his creative de came from. He wasn’t anything strange or misunderstood and he didn’t really seem to be a dark person in any way.

I couldn’t quite place him anywhere, until he said something in particular though. Everything that makes him the guy he is when it comes to horror eventually came out.

“I was never into the entire horror thing until I was about x; something in me from that point on pushed me into it. To truly make art you must create an emotion and out of every emotion fear is the best, there’s no feeling like it. I love fear and to create it is to create something beautiful, although not always seen in that way.” He seemed to drift into his words. “Horror allows a person that rush that can’t be obtained anywhere else, but just a rush isn’t enough, to truly create fear, you must make the audience feel as though something is out to get them.”

Make the audience feel like some things after them, was he serious? Turns out he was very serious, but it began to make sense. Audiences go into the theater where they have some scares and leave, but they aren’t usually scared outde of the theater. Sometimes however, a film is so disturbing that the audience leaves feeling as if they never should have watched it, yea it was good, but it just feel like somethings not right when they leave. He had a point.

Ade from cheap scare that give us a jump (someone popping out or a jump in the muc, maybe a gory scene) movies just don’t disturb like they used to. An idea can bother someone so much that they can’t bare to watch it, but can’t turn away. Lester seems to understand that. He himself has some disturbing concepts of his own, which I will share eventually if he allows me. The real question on my mind was where does he get them from and that’s where it turns a little strange.

“I don’t feel as if I’m a strange person, he said, “I have nightmares most nights and although some are very unreal, others take on a more worldly form. Most nights I wake up and all I can do is write, most ideas happen that way and many of them involve a normal world gone wrong. Dreams are a gateway to everyone’s fears and dreams, that’s why I write about them. If I dream it I’m sure someone dreamt of something milar.”

I found this to be a very strange way of writing at first, but realized its true, we all share nightmares and hope and dreams of some kind. Taking them away and letting others loose is enough to scare anyone. Lester is unlike anybody else yet like everyone to, he has dreams and fears, but he accepts the dark de of things. Perhaps he has it down, his ideas are formed from his own insane nightmares and although he is a nice guy, his thoughts for fear would make you think differently. Please look up my previous post and follow the link to ask Lester questions if you like, I have made it my mison to make him known and I wish him the best.
That_guy Sunday 5/01/2011 at 04:01 AM | 75315