Forums Horror Movie Talk
DYLAN DOG Got 'Put Down' at the Box Office

It's no surprise that

Dylan Dog - Dead of the Night wouldn't finish in the number one spot at the box office this weekend, but who would have guessed that it wouldn't even rank in the top ten? According to Box Office Mojo, Da Dog only took in

885,000 bones, which was 16th overall, and that's enough to make any dog roll over and play dead. Although, international bank might be slightly better, given the fact that the comic based on the movie is huge in Europe. Sadly, however not every dog has their day. Sorry Dylan.

Anonymous Monday 5/02/2011 at 01:17 AM | 75347
I don't think they promoted this movie enough.

I don't know about anyone else, but I only remember seeing one TV spot for it.

The comic may be huge in Europe, but I had never heard of it before this movie came along, and none of my friends had either.

Too bad really, because it looks like it might be good.
gummi Monday 5/02/2011 at 01:52 AM | 75351
The trailers for this movie were downright awful.

I have a serious crush on Sam Huntington (everyone please start watching Being Human on SyFy) And even that couldn't get me to part with ten bucks to go see it.

Why are movies with the best premises always the biggest disappointments?
BloodAndRibbons Monday 5/02/2011 at 02:44 AM | 75357
I loved it. I thought Brandon Routh was fantastic in it and it had some really great creatures. I enjoyed it very much. I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be a blockbuster, but then again most of the movies that I like hardley ever are blockbusters. Infact most of the BEST movies that I hold dear to me were failers at the box office and have nce developed a very loyal fanbase. I very rarley like the typical "Blockbuster" movie. They are all the same, they are all predictable and offer nothing that hasn't been done to death already . It's movies like Dylan Dog and so many other's that come in under the radar. At first they suffer major abuse from criticts then they live on to become one of the greats. I remember seeing John Carpenter's The Thing and Escape From New York in theaters when I was 11 years old. Critics and the mass audiences hated his movies...now they are among the greats.

Just because this movie didn't do well, nobody expected it too, don't let it deter you from seeing it. Brandon Routh deffinetley deserves more work. I think he's a great actor and has a quality about him that draws you into the movie.

A summer blockbuster this movie is not, a good, well done movie that will probrably develope an occult following....yes it is.
myers n San Diego Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 02:04 AM | 75407
It wasn't promoted well at all. That being said Im surprised it did THAT bad! Im sure it will do well with dvd sales.
ny ghoul Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 02:16 AM | 75408
It wasn't promoted well at all. That being said Im surprised it did THAT bad! Im sure it will do well with dvd sales. I agree fully

I'll buy it for sure

Nick
myers n San Diego Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 02:34 AM | 75410