Forums Horror Movie Talk
TOP 10 FUNNIEST MOMENTS IN A HORROR MOVIE

…at least in the past ten years. After loving Booman’s Top 10 Most Disturbing Moments In A Movie, I found myself thinking about the rare levity that can sometimes come out of left field, and make an otherwise ok movie, downright memorable.

I’m keeping it in the past 10 years, because quite honestly if I could include every Horror flick I’ve ever seen, we’d be here for decades.

I urge you to add those you think should have been included!

#10 A Nightmare On Elm Street (which I reviewed here viewtopic.php?f=255&t=13280 ) was well cast and had a ton of good one liners.

This is by far the best.

Freddy Krueger: Little Nancy. Now that you caught me, what game do you wanna play next?

Nancy: Fuck you!

Freddy Krueger: Ooh, sounds like fun. It's a little fast for me. How about we hang, first?

I personally loved the 2009 creepy kid flick Orphan.

Isabelle Fuhrman as Esther (worst example of buyers remorse EVER) plays her part masterfully and by the end of the movie the tenon could be cut with a knife (literally). The quote that stuck with me occurs as Esther’s adoptive mother Kate (whose life has bacally gone to hell in a matter of days) tries to take control of a clearly catastrophic tuation.

Kate:Esther! Go to your room!Esther: (with an exasperated gh)Honestly, we're past that now, aren't we?

When my ster rented the 2010 movie Frozen, I was completely bummed. About 3 friends that get trapped at the top of a ski lift, and essentially forgotten about for the entire weekend.

I actually ended up really liking this movie for a lot of reasons, the acting was great, and the characters were very likable, ending hurt so good. But it’s the short exchange between best friends, Dan and Joe, when the realization of death hits them that stuck with me.Joe:

What did the 14-year-old girl from New Hampshire say to her dad when she lost her virginity? Dan: Get off me, you're crushing my Marlboros. Joe:Yup. #7 Ok fine, I’ll admit it. I, of my own volition, not only went to see Jennifer’s Body (2009), but I paid for it too.

Yes, the movie was completely ridiculous, yes, Megan Fox can’t act her way out of a paper bag. YES, none of this matters.

It was a hot mess and you know it! This movie had a ton of hysterical killer lines, this is one of my faves.

Needy: You know what? You were never really a good friend. Even when we were little, you used to steal my toys and pour lemonade on my bed.Jennifer:And now, I'm eating your boyfriend. See? At least I'm constent.

Constency…it is good to have in a friendship.

#6 Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009).

There I said it. Granted it’s full of monsters, but hardly a horror movie.

I really only bring it up for the most epic moment in the movie.

It comes at the very end, when hapless heroine Bella is trying to hold a vampire family meeting.

Bella: So I think the only fair thing is to vote about me becoming a vampire.Edward: Bella! NO!

Bella: Shhhhhut up.

Yes kids, I did just reference the most awesome “shut up” ever uttered in a monster movie.

Because really…isn’t that all any of us wants Edward Sullen to do

#5 The Devil’s Rejects. (2005) The name speaks for itself. Kick ass movie, brutal scenes. Is it any wonder the sadistic hillbillies don’t respond well to the hostage irritatingly begging for his life?

Otis: Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely gettin chiseled on your tombstone.

#4 Zombieland (2009) I’m inclined to say this entire movie.

It has become one of my all time favorites. Everyone in it was awesome, and I cannot wait for the impending sequel in 2012 (God I hope the world doesn’t end first) However the best line is delivered to a towel-clad Woody Harrelson.

Columbus: You're like a giant... cock blocking robot...like developed in a secret fucking government lab.#3 Sorority Row (2009) No the horrific part wasn’t watching Bruce and Demi’s daughter Rumer Willis try to act.

Which incidentally IS a little rough. I conder both Bruce and Demi, very attractive people, what happened in that gene pool? I digress. This movie is awesome and I command and inst that you go rent it if you haven’t seen it. You will love to hate the lead mean girl Jesca and not just for this line.Ellie: I think Megan's alive, you guys.Jesca: Ellie, you're being borderline retarded right now. She's not alive. Someone else is doing this.

#2 Shaun of the Dead (2004) I never knew a foreign movie could make me love it so much. I’m sure this is a staple in everyone horror lovers home, and if it isn’t…shame on you! This movie has absolutely everything from Albums as weapons to How to act like one of the living dead.Dianne: Just look at the face: it's vacant, with a hint of sadness. Like a drunk who's lost a bet.

AND FINALLY...

#1 For the number one spot, I couldn’t just type the lines, you just had to see it for yourself.

In The Crazies (2010), not only do you have a ravenous Z-Day population, and Timothy Olyphant to drool over, but you get a glimpse of the most realistic marital spat I’ve ever seen. And you thought your family road trips sucked! http://youtu.be/k5lSgizkucg

Poor Danielle Panabaker
BloodAndRibbons Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 01:02 AM | 75405
This has got to be one of the funniest moments that I've seen thus far in a horror movie, or would the word gayest be more fitting.

http://youtu.be/977jBCk5qBM
Anonymous Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 01:56 AM | 75406