Forums Horror Movie Talk
New Poster Says it All About Lionsgate's CABIN IN THE WOODS

One of the most anticipated movies, largely due to its inability to get released is MGM's CABIN IN THE WOODS. After MGM filled for bankruptcy the film (which was originally slated for release October 23rd of 2009) was pushed back and shelved. Many wondered if we'd ever get to see the film including genre inders. The sad thing is this was a multi-million dollar project involving Joss Whedon who co wrote the film with Cloverfield writer Drew Goddard. What’s more, THOR and AVENGERS star Chris Hemsworth has one of the movie’s lead roles. This isn't just some throw away film Bidites.

Synops: "The Cabin in the Woods" storyline provides a new twist on a clasc scenario -- in this case the young-people-stranded-in-the-woods horror trope.

Thanks to Lionsgate and MGM

partnering up the long-awaited CABIN IN THE WOODS is finally coming to theaters hopefully this October, although an exact release date is still unknown. One thing we do know though is the film is coming. That much we have been told. And judging by the poster created by Lionsgate below they couldn't be happier to have the distribution rights.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 06:17 PM | 75463
Hells yeah! I've been following this movie for what seems like years! Hope its as good as its hyped up to be...
kizzle Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 07:13 PM | 75467
I am so excited to see this!!!
Michael Aspinwall Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 08:08 PM | 75472
Well, the poster is nice, and it does indeed sound exciting. But...I sure hope it delivers. It takes some very crafty writing to sell a story these days.
aceofspades70 Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 10:34 PM | 75482
Joss Whedon is a great writer and that poster does look creepy as hell!
NightShape Wednesday 5/04/2011 at 04:10 AM | 75509