Forums Horror Movie Talk
Danny Elfman + Tim Burton = Frankenweenie

This is way too good to be true...legendary composer Danny Elfman, and Tim Burton....reunited?? Today, The Film Muc Reporter hit the ball out of the park with this HUGE announcement! Way back in 1984; Tim Burton came up with the idea to make a movie about a boy and his pet dog. After being struck by a car,the dog is brought back to life by the boy. Due to financial difficulties, the movie turned into a live-action short named Frankenweenie. It was always Burton's intention to film a full-length, stop-motion animated film based on the character. And it looks like Burton's dream is finally set to come true.

The voice cast includes four actors who worked with Burton on previous films: Winona Ryder (“Beetlejuice,” “Edward Scissorhands”), Catherine O’Hara (“Beetlejuice,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas”), Martin Short (“Mars Attacks!”) and Martin Landau (“Ed Wood,” Sleepy Hollow”).

With over 200 puppets and sets, Frankenweenie will follow in the footsteps of Tim Burton’s other stop-motion animated films, Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Frankenweenie will be filmed in black and white and rendered in 3D. You better bet your ass that more details will follow.

Anonymous Thursday 5/05/2011 at 12:47 AM | 75539
That is super cool!!
Michael Aspinwall Thursday 5/05/2011 at 01:29 AM | 75540
VERY COOL!
TheShape1188 Thursday 5/05/2011 at 02:20 AM | 75543
I think this project is going to be awesome! I love Tim Burton, well let me say I love the old Tim Burton.

I think his last really good film was Sleepy Hollow. I hope with Frankenweenie he will be able to return to form and start giving us the weird and macabre vions once again
Deadbeat2010 Friday 5/06/2011 at 12:43 AM | 75576
This is way too good to be true! Tim Burton getting back to his roots? I love Frankenweenie and can't begin to describe how excited I am to see it being made into a full length film. Can't wait to hear more news on this!
Cesta Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 03:38 AM | 75763