Forums Horror Movie Talk
WARNING: We Are Being Attacked By Mutated Animals

Over the last couple of years we have been thrown to the animals. Not just any animals, but mutated animals. Thanks to the SYFY channel and The Asylum Home Entertainment, we have a new animal hybrid on the attack almost every Saturday night. Do we really like these movies? With their horrible CGI, bad scripts and stars like Debbie Gibson and Tiffany who could not act their way out of a wet paper bag. I can't speak for everyone, but they are a guilty pleasure of mine. I love the bad F/X and bad acting. I get more laughs out of these movies than most of the comedies out there. Give me "Mega Piranha vs. Giant Octopus" over anything Will Ferrell is subjecting the public to. This sub-genre has become so popular that Roger Corman has all but clawed his way out of his grave just to jump on this bandwagon, with movies like "Dinoshark" "Sharktopus" and coming soon "Piranhaconda".The giant mutated animal movie has been around nce the original "King Kong" and has never gone away. Americans aren't the only ones that love these giant monsters, "Godzilla" has done more for the Japanese economy than both the automotive and the electronics industry combined. They love their rubber-suited reptilian national treasure so much that they've made dozens of movies about him. They even stole our King Kong to battle their fire breathing lizard. But, that's okay, we stole their Godzilla to battle our disappointed box office.I would say we all love these movies and it has nothing to do with it being good or not. None of these new breed of monster animal movies are good, in fact they are really bad. It's just entertaining to see a "Megashark" take down a 747 at cruing altitude or a "Giant Octopus" crushing the Golden Gate Bridge with it's tentacles or how about a "Sharktopus" plucking people off of the beach for a quick meal. Just typing this makes me laugh. I want them to make "Giraffasaur" about a giant prehistoric carnivorous giraffe or "Guinea Hog" a giant bloodthirsty guinea pig with tusks. So all in all, if they keep making them I'll keep watching them and I hope you will to. Long live the giant, mutated, hybrid animal movie.

Maynardtscuggs Sunday 5/08/2011 at 06:34 PM | 75696