Forums Horror Movie Talk
TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Reborn (Again) This Time In 3D

Remember a few weeks back we posted an article attaching director John Luessenhop's name to the upcoming production of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D movie? Well according to the Hollywood Reporter.com, we can officially say that talks with John Luessenhop and Lionsgate are indeed in the works! The movie is going to be listed as a joint Lionsgate and Nu Image production, with Lionsgate distributing the movie in the U.S. and Nu Image selling international rights at Cannes. Carl Mazzocone is said to be producing the movie which begins production sometime in June.

Debra Sullivan, Adam Marcus and Stephen Susco have all been linked to the third Chainsaw movie. Look for TCM3D

to pick up right where Tobe Hooper's original left off.

As we all know, this isn’t the first time the movie is getting remade. New Line and Platinum Dunes remade the 1974 cult clasc in 2003 followed be a prequel in 2006.
Anonymous Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 01:35 AM | 75750
Really? How many times can you make the same movie before you realize you just can't beat the original? And, why, dear god, are they redoing it in 3D. Horror movies have yet to profit from 3D. Scratch that, no movies have truly profited (quality wise) from 3D, why should this be any different? They should just leave good enough alone and let us be with the original.
Cesta Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 03:16 AM | 75761
As much as I love the original for its awesome cinematography and grittiness, I really don't think Leatherface will ever look better than he did in the remake. I thought the remake and the beginning were pretty good follow ups to the original. As for making TCM in 3D...I really don't see this helping.

This won't make it scarier or any closer to the feel of the original, seems like they are just trying to cash in to me. Sad thing is, I will probably end up watching it in theaters if the trailer looks decent.On a de note, lets hope for a Badass mask at least.
Sephit Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 07:05 AM | 75770
How many times do they have to remake a remake again and again,But i guess with 3D technology,something new has to be brought to the table,and yes i own all the TCM movies,and i know im still going to go see this in theatres,well if it go's to theatres,and if they want to make this movie alot more creepier,have a more grotesque mask and make the chainsaw Chromed again like they did in TCM 3,and yes i like the title of the movie Leatherface 3D!!!
Diobolik999 Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 04:37 PM | 75783
Wasn't Texas Chainsaw The New Generation a remake too?
2LindsayMorrison Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 12:26 AM | 75846
As far as I'm concerned, all of the TCM movies are remakes of the original. The only exception is Tobe Hooper's 1986 TCM 2.
Maynardtscuggs Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 01:48 PM | 75908
I must admit I am interested and I like that the director's name who seems to be attached to the film is really a nobody in terms of horror. If done well, this film could deliver the goods the way the TCM remake did just a few years ago.
ny ghoul Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 01:52 PM | 75910