Forums Horror Movie Talk
Well Tink, It Looks Like We're Not in Neverland Anymore!

Back In November it was mentioned that Guillermo del Toro would be directing the much darker re-imagining of the story of "Peter Pan". Today the story picked up some movement when Screen Daily announced a few interesting things.

Firstly, it was mentioned that that Ben Hibon will now be taking the directors helm for the story written by Ben Magid. According to the article Aaron Eckhart has been cast as Captain Hook, who in this tale has been re-imagined as a former detective hunting down a child-like kidnapper. Anna Sophia Robb (The Reaping, The Bridge To Teribethia) has been cast as the lead heroine Wendy, a mental asylum escapee who joins the hunt. Sean Bean (Black Death, lent Hill) will play Smee. However, in this vion of the story Smee is a chief detective and Captain Hooks only companion on the force.

I don't know about the rest of you but this definitely sounds like an interesting take on the story. I don't exactly have high hopes or expectations for the project but so far the casting is fairly decent and they could surprise us with this one.

Source: Dread Central
tjonahue Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 12:23 AM | 75845
I remember hearing about this, but forgotten about it because Guillermo del Toro's name has been to dozens of different projects nce leaving "The Hobbit". I really hope this one happens.
Maynardtscuggs Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 01:39 AM | 75870
would

love

to

see

apeter

pan

filma

lg

as

the

story

is

right
jrcarr Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 06:33 PM | 75920
Any time a children's story takes a darker bend, it's interesting to see. Part of the attraction is seeing something taken as innocent being almost corrupted, or in some cases, just cleared free of the family-friendly glosng that it's so often given. Usually it's just the clasc fairy tales that are given this kind of dark makeover, so I'm very curious to see how it plays out with something like Peter Pan.
dew Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 07:32 PM | 75930
Any time a children's story takes a darker bend, it's interesting to see. Part of the attraction is seeing something taken as innocent being almost corrupted, or in some cases, just cleared free of the family-friendly glosng that it's so often given. Usually it's just the clasc fairy tales that are given this kind of dark makeover, so I'm very curious to see how it plays out with something like Peter Pan.

AGREE
tjonahue Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 09:43 PM | 75941