Forums Horror Movie Talk
Buffy Herself FINALLY Speaks About The Buffy Remake

Coming straight out of camp DreadCentral today is a quote from Sarah Michelle Gellar on her thoughts about the upcoming remake of BUFF THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. Needless to see she is less than enthused with the project especially without series creator Joss Whedon involved. Read the quote on what she had to say. It's been a while nce we've heard anything about the Joss Whedon-less remake of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And although we've heard the feelings of most of the principal participants of the original series, one person has remained quiet. Until now.

Buffy herself, Sarah Michelle Gellar, recently spoke to CNN about the idea of a Buffy remake, and as you would imagine, her reaction was less than warm.

""It was a movie. It's been made. They made it. They don't need to make another one," she said, adding, "I think it's a horrible idea. To try to do a Buffy without Joss Whedon, I mean that's, like, honestly, to be incredibly non-eloquent: that's the dumbest

I've ever heard.""

Yeah. That sounds about right to us. Look for more on the revamping of the slayer soon.

Source:

http://www.dreadcentral.com
tjonahue Wednesday 5/11/2011 at 11:56 PM | 75949
A Buffy ANYTHING without Joss Whedon is a horrible idea....These people involved with this movie need to move on and do something else.

I would love to see a Buffy movie that Joss wrote and directed with the original cast coming back but until then....leave it alone!
NightShape Thursday 5/12/2011 at 04:44 PM | 75978
Like we're surprised that SMG wouldn't be a fan?

At lease she finally said something.

As bad as any remake without Joss would be, I think it would be just as bad to replace SMG.

She brought a pain and depth to that role that was unexpected and a huge part of what made that show work.
KMLandis66 Thursday 5/12/2011 at 07:31 PM | 75990