Forums Horror Movie Talk
Lionsgate's Release Date For "Goblin" On DVD & BluRay

On July 26th Lionsgate will be releang the horror tale "Goblin" onto DVD. Directed by Jeffery Scott Lando, starring Gil Bellows, Tracy Spiridakos, Camille Sullivan, and Donnelly Rhodes.

For centuries the citizens of Hollow Glen held a small fall ritual, where local farmers brought their dead and diseased crops to be thrown into a huge bonfire to bless the soil for the next growing season. In 1831, a young couple of a ck and deformed young child, decide that the child is to much of a burden and throw him into the bonfire. Out of the ashes something evil had arose,"The Goblin". Now each year on Halloween "The Goblin" rises from it's year long sleep to stalk the small town, intent on capturing infants and murdering anyone in its path. This year he is after the Perkins family, and now they must run, hide and fight to keep their young child safe from "The Goblin".

It seems like there are a dozen or so movies like this one released each year. By no means are they all bad, It's just these this type of "Mythmonster" movies seem to just bleed into one big mess of a movie in my mind and I can't tell them apart. You could just swap the monsters in most of these movies, and you would never know the difference. I'm not saying that they're not fun movies, I'll watch every one of them that comes out. They're just really needs to be a little more creativity if their going to keep releang these at such a rapid rate. My favorite of these "Mythmonster" movies are "Pumpkinhead" and "Jeepers Creepers".

"Goblin" premiered on SYFY in July 2010. Source: Dread Central
Maynardtscuggs Thursday 5/12/2011 at 03:37 PM | 75973