Forums Horror Movie Talk
Slash Starts Up Slasher Films

Former Guns N Roses Guitarist Slash is getting involved in the horror movie scene. With the asstance of Scout Productions, he and his newly formed production company Slasher Films will produce “contemporary horror fare with a nod to the thrillers of the ’70s and ’80s”. Their first project, the horror/thriller "Nothing to Fear", is already underway.

The plot synops for "Nothing to Fear" definitely falls in line with the studio’s old school aspirations. It follows a young family that tries to start over in a small town in rural Kansas, only to be tormented by “an ancient demon with an insatiable blood lust”. The film’s script, by Jonathan W.C. Mills, went into into production earlier this year.

Future screenplay developments for Slasher Films will be financed by Scout Productions, who will also oversee production on the films. Previously, Scout has backed films such as Transberian, Seson 9 and Fog of War, as well as the TV series Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

In a statement about the formation of Slasher Films, Slash had this to say: I’ve always been a huge horror fan and creating films that take you back to the days where horror movies actually scared the hell out of you is something I’ve always wanted to do. My audience is made up of young, edgy, discerning consumers, with an appetite for quality and a hint of anarchy.
Maynardtscuggs Thursday 5/12/2011 at 05:12 PM | 75982