Forums Horror Movie Talk
26 Chapter Anthology "The ABCs Of Death" Announced

Drafthouse Films, Timpson Films and Magnet Releang are teaming to produce The ABCs of Death, an absolutely epic 26-chapter anthology feature that aims to showcase death in all its vicious wonder and brutal beauty.

26 directors from all over the world are each given a different letter out of the alphabet and must use that letter word associated with death and make a short film about that word. It is up do the director to come up with the concept for their film. Only 25 directors have been chosen, with the 26th will come from a worldwide competition to find a new filmmaker. Production is scheduled to began this June and wrapping in January 2012.

The current list of confirmed participating directors includes Jason Eisener (Hobo With A Shotgun), Nach Vigalando

(TimeCrimes), Ti West (The House of the Devil), Srdjan Spasojevic (A Serbian Film), Angela Bettis (Roman) and Ben Wheatley (The Kill List), as well as Banjong Pisanthanakun (Shutter, Alone), Adrian Garcia Bogliano (Cold Sweat), Ernesto Diaz Espinoza (Kiltro), Bruno Forzani and Héléne Cattet (Amer), Gadi Harel (Deadgirl), Thomas Malling, Yoshihiro Nishimura, mon Rumley (Red White and Blue), [bTak Sakaguchi and Yuji Shimomura, Marcel Sarmiento (Deadgirl), Timo Tjahjanto, Andrew Traucki, Jake West (Evil Aliens) and Adam Wingard (A Horrible Way to Die, You're Next!).

If this is done correctly, it could be the most ambitious project in the history of horror. The concept alone is amazing. But, bringing in some of the best horror directors from around the world to each have a piece of this project, is beyond amazing. This is one project that should excite every horror fan on the planet.

It is not known how long each film will be and there is no release date available.

Source: Bloody Disgusting
Maynardtscuggs Friday 5/13/2011 at 01:20 AM | 76024
What is the worldwide competition? It never says what it is in your article...?
Sephit Friday 5/13/2011 at 06:55 AM | 76096
Sorry, just got a little excited while writing. It's a world wide short film contest. I could not find any info on the contest or if it's even started. If I find any news I will be sure and post it.
Maynardtscuggs Friday 5/13/2011 at 12:41 PM | 76131
Sorry, just got a little excited while writing. It's a world wide short film contest. I could not find any info on the contest or if it's even started. If I find any news I will be sure and post it.

Okay cool thanks man.
Sephit Sunday 5/15/2011 at 07:30 AM | 76390