Forums Horror Movie Talk
Plot Details For James Wan's Latest Offering HOUSE of HORROR

Saw creator and Indious director James Wan is getting ready to produce House of Horror (no connection to the HorrorBid podcast) which is based on a script written by Max La Bella. He's contacted Spanish filmmaker Javier Gutierrez to help direct his upcoming movie. So be prepared to get the shit scared out of you sometime in the near future!

The House of Horror is a horror-thriller that centers around a gruesome crime scene. The film is shot with a blend of found footage, interrogation video, news cameras and clascal cinematography. The film focuses on the aftermath of a horrific massacre; five college students, brutally murdered inde a decrepit, abandoned home.

We are thrown right into the mix as the lead Detective, Mark Lewis, and the police departments psychologist, Dr. Elizabeth Klein, question a suspect. The young man at the center is John Ascot, bound by handcuffs in a mobile command station. During the interrogation, John explains everything leading up to the deaths of his friends.

We discover that they were amateur ghost-hunters, seeking out paranormal phenomenon at the abandoned house believed to be haunted. What started out as a harmless activity turned into something truly terrifying and more than they ever could bargain for. John explains to the police that he isn't responble for his friends deaths, but rather, it was the house. He tells them he believes the house is a gateway to hell; a place of concentrated evil.

We slowly witness an eerie change in Johns demeanor through the course of the movie. Things take a disturbing turn when John hints at the notion that he is possessed by the Devil. Detective Lewis and Dr. Klein are forced to unravel the mystery of how Johns friends were murdered. All this leads to a stunning revelation about the man they've been interrogating and a gut-wrenching concluon.

Source: Shocktillyoudrop.com
Anonymous Friday 5/13/2011 at 04:04 PM | 76160
Part of me wishes I hadn't read that but I was too curious. Is this the first major outing of James Wan from Leigh Whannel? I wonder how this film will be with out Whannel?
Sephit Sunday 5/15/2011 at 06:32 AM | 76389