Forums Horror Movie Talk
Every F13 & HALLOWEEN Fans Dream - JASON VS. MICHAEL MYERS

Halloween and Friday the 13th fans are some of the most rabid fans in the horror genre. Jason has already taken on Freddy and we've seen the outcome of that battle. The question is would you want to see a JASON VS. MYERS scenario?

Throw out the fact that due to different studios owning the rights to either franchise this is seemingly an imposble feat. The question is would you want to see it and if so how do you think it should go down? What storyline could they come up with and who wins or loses in this battle of masked slasher icons? Its a tough question that fans dream about.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qks288.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/13/2011 at 06:57 PM | 76200
I remember having this discuson with everybody when I was a kid.

Being a die hard Halloween fan I always defended Myers and would inst he would be victorious.

Now being older and being a die hard fan of the horror genre.

There is no way Myers could beat Jason.

Myers plays with his victims but Jason on the other hand just annihilates anyone in his path.

I love Michael Myers and he is still my favorite slasher but no match for Jason.

immortaldeath24 Friday 5/13/2011 at 07:16 PM | 76203
NO.

Jason Voorhees Vs. Victor Crowley!

Michael Myers Vs. Cromeskull!

A team goes out to find the body of Jason. They find his body and ship it on a plane. Jason wakes up on plane, and it crashes into the swamps of Louiana. BAM VS. think about it, their both spirits and known for being resurrected. Now thats a battle i would see hands down!

deadly cmr Friday 5/13/2011 at 08:17 PM | 76210
I don't see this working out very well. The Freddy vs. Jason film was cool because it made use of each characters strengths. Freddy is an evil supernatural entity. He plans and plots how he is going to kill his victims. He takes a perverse pleasure in what he does. For him it is not only about revenge but also satisfying his perverse urges even beyond death. Jason is a seemingly unstoppable juggernaut. All he knows is to kill all those who cross his path. Early on

Jason killed all who entered the area around Camp Crystal Lake. But that fell by the wayde a bit in latter installments of his films. Jason does not talk. He will stalk his victims and hide bodies out of te so as not to tip off the ones that he has not gotten to yet. He will cut phone lines and power lines. Myers usually is in search of a specific person. At least that is what the second one onward set up for the character. Anybody else Myers kills is usually because they try to stop him from killing who he is after or they are someone who could take his intended victim out of his reach. They made Myers an unstoppable juggernaut rather early in his run of films. He also never utters a word.

So bacally Jason and Myers are too milar. A film with them both in it would be a snooze fest.

Piman334 Friday 5/13/2011 at 08:58 PM | 76217
I've written a script for a fan film featuring the two which would be a follow up to both Freddy vs Jason and Halloween: Resurrection. It's called A Nightmare on Halloween AD 2013 and would be a way of finishing off the story from a fan's perspective. The bac plot is that Freddy sends Michael to Crystal Lake to take revenge on Jason for the last movie whilst (suprise, suprise) a groung 0f late teens/early 20s are having a Halloween party in the old camp. Naturally they all die in the most bloody way my budget will afford and the three of them all end up fighting to the death. I couldn't decide who should win, so it's the notion of "only evil can truly kill evil" and they all bacally kill each other. These fan films are difficult to make so it might be a while.I really wish the studios could have come to an agreement all those years ago, as I would have loved to have seen an ultimate showdown of some sort.

ClassicMonster Friday 5/13/2011 at 09:25 PM | 76229
Myers is too slow in my opinion to be able to win a lot of horror "villains." I hate to put him down at all, nce he is one of my faves with his sneaky styles... Jason would win and the movie would be a tad bit too predictable. I would be more interested in a VS sort of film with more than two "villians." That way you would have potentially an unknown alliance to sneak up on an opponent.
thefreddygirl Saturday 5/14/2011 at 12:53 AM | 76271
JASON VS. VICTOR.... NUFF SAID!!!

THIS IS NO DEBATE. LOL
deadly cmr Saturday 5/14/2011 at 11:15 AM | 76366
posting.php?mode=reply&f=294&t=13553# posting.php?mode=smilies&f=294#

Who wouldn't want to see this happen??? JVM would be awesome!
Kidtut Thursday 7/07/2011 at 11:29 PM | 78136
Myers would win. Jason would "kill" him, go to terrorize more teens, and Myers would come out of the shadows and Jason would soon be dead. At least until the next Friday the 13th film...VS

Kidtut Thursday 7/07/2011 at 11:36 PM | 78137
Michael Myers all the way, slashing throats, day after day!
sweetdiggity Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 06:13 PM | 78350
I don't think i would like to see this happen.

Don't get me wrong, I love them both, however, I feel as though it would take away too much from MM's purpose as a villian to go head to head with another slasher villian.

Jason has a purpose, but he was not as focused as MM was.

Also, when you see MM films, here is an expectation of emotional involvement.

With Jason, that wasn't the case, except the first one.

I don't see how you could put both of them into a tuation to fit them both well and still have a great film, or even a good one.
2LindsayMorrison Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 10:14 PM | 78393
I think it could be good. I just hope that they put Jason in Haddonfield instead of Michael in Camp Crystal Lake because Jason goes to a lot of different places (Manhattan, Hell, Elm Street, Space, ect.) while Michael has always been centered around Haddonfield. It would just be more true to the originals IMO.
Tobyisoctopus Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 11:45 PM | 78423
I'd definitely pay to see it.

It would be one hell of a battle.

I would have to go with Michael Myers because he's cooler.

Have you guys seen this awesome fan film?

It's made extraordinarily well, and is worth the whole twenty minutes....

http://youtu.be/mjGijTpwVSg
blakenorwood Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 11:47 PM | 78425
I'd love to see Voorhees VS Myers.

It would be a way more even fight than Freddy VS Jason condering both are phycal attackers, capable with both weapons & their bare hands.

However, and this is not just because I'm a lifelong fan, Jason would still come out victorious.

He's bigger, stronger, & has repeatedly shown more skill in various weapons than Mr Where'sTheKitchenKnife?!

And plus, Myers loses cool points for killing dogs!

What kinda b*tch move is that!?
attitudeinc Wednesday 7/13/2011 at 12:01 AM | 78427