Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Outcast"- Best British Horror Film of the Last Decade

I was browng some upcoming horror titles and this one really stood out to me. It's called "Outcast" and it stars Ian Whyte, Nial Bruton,Hanna Stanbridge, Kate Dickie, and James Nesbitt. Written by Colm McCarthy and Tom McCarthy. Colm McCarthy also directed this one. Rather than sum up the plot in my own words im gonna be lazy and quote the official synops below. Im sure post would prefer thast anyway.

When Mary and her teenage son, Fergal, move to yet another new home, it soon becomes clear that they live their lives on the run, hiding from someone or something, terrified of being found.

Trying to avoid making new friends or connections wherever they go, Fergal finds himself caught between the affections of his beautiful and feisty neighbor and his fiercely protective mother who will stop at nothing to protect her precious son.

Mary has strict rules which govern Fergal's life without which chaos and terror threaten to ensue.Their hunter is Cathal, a dangerous and terrifying man, intent on tracking down and killing Mary and Fergal.

What's more, he is ung a form of dark magic to find them.

Mary's only defense is to use the same ancient form of magic to protect her son.

But how long will it be before Cathal manages to outsmart her?

When the local redents begin to be brutally murdered by an unknown life force, the sense of fear escalates.

Is Cathal the beast responble for the killings?

Or is it the beast that he is trying to destroy?

The film has already been released in England, however, a U.S. release date is not yet confirmed. Apparently it's being well recieved critically and it has been deemed "The Best British Horror Film of the Last Decade. Granted, that isn't all that bold of a claim condering the

monstroties of films that have come out of Britain, but if it can compare to "The Descent" i will be pleased. Hopefully the movie will get a U.S. release sometime soon so we can find out.

Sources: UHM.com/IMDB.com
tjonahue Friday 5/13/2011 at 07:48 PM | 76207