Forums Horror Movie Talk
Timberwolf Entertainment Brings Us FRIDAY THE 13th Fan Films

There are two types fan films in my book. Amazing one and just plan terrible ones. I stumbled upon a production company out west that devoted to delivering quality in their fan films. They wrapped up one short titled FRIDAY THE 13TH: The STORM, and are working on a full feature length fan film titled, FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE OBSESON.

OBSESON follows an

obsessed fan of the Friday the 13th series, taking on Jason's persona, so the actual 'Jason Voorhees' is only in 2 or 3 major sequences, and in scattered vions throughout...

with the 'pseudo' Jason taking on the killings in much of the rest of it. In the summer 1998 Tim Whitfield was at a campground in Northern Rhode Island with a VHS camcorder in hand shooting a scene from his incredibly ambitious (for the time) fan film about a fan's obseson with Jason Voorhees and "Friday The 13th" - little did he know, 13 years and over 25 original productions later, people would still be waiting to see the never released amateur fan video shot with a bunch of friends from his restaurant job.

"This thing haunts me." Tim reveals, "No matter what news I post, how many DVDs I sell or how many downloads one of my short films get... eventually someone says.. 'yea that's cool.. but what about Obseson.' Seriously.. it's crazy." Tim isn't exaggerating either, in fact 3 years ago a fan posted the original 'Obseson" trailers, something which Tim himself had not seen in probably 7 or 8 years. "It was incredible.. I don't know where he got them, probably saved from my old webte from the 90s.. but I don't have a frame of edited footage from 'Obseson' anymore... and original raw footage tapes were left in RI when I moved to California 4 years ago." Even still, there it was on You Tube, the trailers to Tim's original Friday the 13th fan film, saved and posted by a long time fan.

nce the 90's Tim and Timberwolf with the help of Joe Patnaud and Mike Defrancesco made 12 or 13 original short films and even 2 Friday The 13th fan films which Joe Patnaud directed, but even still fans wanted to see 'Obseson'.

"Joe's two fans films were so much better than Obseson on a technical level" Tim admits, "Cold Heart of Crystal Lake shot in 2003 still looks good today, and The Storm, made under Joe's Midnight Hill banner on DVCPROHD rivals even some of the actual Friday the 13th films.. but for some reason Obseson was still asked about."In 2004 Tim did try to remake "Obseson" without Jason, replaced with a non-copyrighted villain, but Tim admits it just didn't work.

"There were a lot of problems with that production... it was miscast, under produced and just rushed all around. But, ultimately none of that mattered, because without Jason it just lacked the strength and pason of the original story. The locations and the characters just require Jason.. period."

The webseries for "FRIDAY THE 13TH: OBSESON" is set to debut on:

http://www.timberwolfwest.com this summer.

Below is the short film FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE STORM

http://vimeo.com/5648794

http://i51.tinypic.com/2n1v0xx.jpg" class="photoborder" />
pmfarmer Friday 5/13/2011 at 11:18 PM | 76245