Forums Horror Movie Talk
What's Your Favorite FRIDAY THE 13th Movie And Why?

The title says it all. What is your favorite movie of the franchise if you could only pick one and why? Now there is a little bit more to this question than meets the eye,

Bacally this is the "dessert island game". If you're stranded on a dessert island and you only have one F13 movie to watch for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/14/2011 at 12:19 AM | 76259
Best Friday ? The original for sure... I still remember the first time watching it and loving the twist of the killer originally being the Mother!

Happy Friday the 13th

!!!
thefreddygirl Saturday 5/14/2011 at 12:39 AM | 76264
For me this was tough because i do like them all in their own unique way but i would say it would normally be a tie between part 2 and part 4 but part 4 wins. The cast was great, the soundtrack again superb and ted white was amazing in his portrayal of Jason.
axeman82 Saturday 5/14/2011 at 12:44 AM | 76267
My favorite Friday the 13th movie is the reboot,because of how kick ass the kills are,how awesome the opening theme is,and how they incorporated scenes from F13 Parts 1-4. The only flaw was Trent I couldn't wait for Jason to shut that guy up.
krueger223 Saturday 5/14/2011 at 12:56 AM | 76272
PART 3!! DAWN OF THE INFAMOUS HOCKEY MASK
boogeyman8 Saturday 5/14/2011 at 12:57 AM | 76273
The original. First horror movie I remember seeing in a theatre.

It was awesome!
Ringmaster Saturday 5/14/2011 at 01:19 AM | 76274
Part 2. I love the ambiance, I love the cast, I love the movie in general, and I think that Amy Steel is the best F13 heroine ever.
deadbutalive Saturday 5/14/2011 at 05:00 AM | 76320
I'm really going to have to t myself down one of these days and officially go blog crazy with an entry as to where my loyalties are regarding horror franchises, but for the sake of time and purpose I'll stick to the matter at hand....

I enjoy the majority of the F13 series, but in the end it boils down to 'The Final Chapter' is my #1 pick. mplest explanation for this would be that once upon a time I was Tommy Jarvis. Maybe not in the hands on artistic way he created those masks, but the equivalent to that in the way of writing and the ability to improv and tell a story.

Much like Tommy, I was the kid who wanted to belong and be accepted...until one day I realized that I was better off in my own world doing what I loved to do rather than altering myself to fit the mold of the sheep that surrounded me in school.

Friday the 13th of May 2011 has ended, but Jason Voorhees is FOREVER!!!
BringerOfAfterDark Saturday 5/14/2011 at 09:58 AM | 76365
I love "The Final Chapter. " Great atmosphere, great kills and a great Jason Voorhees!
LukeSlasher Saturday 5/14/2011 at 05:46 PM | 76375
I hope the people that voted for Freddy vs Jason, did that as a joke.
jeremyisHORROR Saturday 5/14/2011 at 06:25 PM | 76377
I hope the people that voted for Freddy vs Jason, did that as a joke.

Sadly they probably didn't. I know the majority of people (at least only the casual horror fans) only mention FvJ because they don't know any better and it wouldn't surprise me if they got the names mixed up either But anyways I picked 2 because although I like Jason with his hockey masks (notice mask is plural) I really like Jason with the Sack on his head. I think this film captures the true essense of F13 but parts 3 and 4 come very close.
Sephit Monday 5/16/2011 at 07:30 AM | 76424
The original and the part 3. Hockey mask ftw!
SplatteriPoika Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 05:59 PM | 76804
Not counting the original as it was Pamela and therefore a much different film from the rest, I actually would give it to either Freddy vs. Jason or the remake. I've seen every ngle one of them countless times a piece. Versus was the first one that made him a real badass with characters worthy enough to go toe to toe without being outrageously bad and the remake... Derek Mears just put a nasty oomph into him that I haven't seen nce Hodder. The middle ones, the background fodder was so bad in each that I couldn't take them seriously enough and they all felt like films not worthy of such a kickass iconic slasher. Paintball weekend warriors... really?

The look in his eye before he put that tramp on the antlers in the new one. That summed it up, there was malice there that could never be captured in the originals. As for Freddy vs. Jason.. It had Freddy in it dammit.
ironblade87 Monday 6/06/2011 at 08:11 AM | 77167
Freddy vs. Jason - Loved Jason's mask, his clothing, the undermask, etc. I thought Ken Kirzinger was the best Jason actor ever, I liked how he was a combo of redneck Jason and zombie Jason, loved the kills, loved Camp Crystal Lake, and the return of Mrs. Voorhees, the flashback to Jason's youth, etc. I also love that it was a Jason and Freddy film in one, and then the epic fight scenes, the ending. The list goes all.

Almost all Friday the 13th movies are the same, and that's cool with me. FVJ is special because it has everything the other Jason movies have, plus Freddy and all the awesome things about Nightmare on Elm Street. So that's why it gets my vote.

Zeeboe Thursday 8/04/2011 at 02:40 PM | 79950
Its my fav cos A. Kane is Jason!!

But cause it's a very dark place and very good kills
cat Thursday 8/04/2011 at 05:01 PM | 79966
For me it was a close call between the original, The Final Chapter and Jason Lives, but I'm going with Jason Lives - it's the ultimate 80s slasher. It has a good balance of comic scares, gore, nudity, lly story and cardboard characters as well as clasc dialogue and some great Jason action! I love it
joshk1986 Saturday 9/03/2011 at 01:37 PM | 82119
Final Chapter FTW!

It just has everything: decent characters, an actual story (sort of), a good look for Jason, and an awesome ending.

Oh, and gratuitous nudity.
freakengine Saturday 9/03/2011 at 02:40 PM | 82124
Part 2. Just goes to show the nightmare is farrrrrrrrrrrrr from over

AbominableDrPhibes78 Saturday 9/03/2011 at 03:25 PM | 82127
If I had to pick just one to watch while stuck on an island .. I'd have to go with my fav Pt 7 : New Blood.

It's my favorite Jason look.

It's Kane Hodder's first time as Jason.

He kills someone with a damn party horn noise maker!

And he takes more of a beating in that movie than any other & keeps going.
attitudeinc Saturday 9/03/2011 at 06:01 PM | 82131
I like them all, but I watched the New Blood the most as I just love the undead/Vengeance style of Jason, as well as Jason Lives. I like FVJ a lot also for different reasons, was really cool to see two iconic slashers come togther, although it would have been way better with Kane playing Jason. But I like them all equally and for different reasons. But part 6 and 7 I watched the most growing up and the New Blood, part 8, and part 6 are my most requested costume commisons. Especially the New Blood. My first costumes in the early 80's were part 2,3, and 4 Jason costumes as they were easy to make and cheap back then. I always had a thing for part 4 as well. But I don't hate any of the movies, all of them have something unique to offer.
sirbrad Monday 9/05/2011 at 03:37 AM | 82178
I would have to say Jason X. It's so stupid, so ridiculous, I can't help but love it. It has one of the most epic kills in horror films history (Liquid Nitrogen FTW) and has one of my favorite lines ever ("He's screwed.").

I just love stupid horror films, as long as they are fun to make fun of.
Vader_the_White Thursday 9/08/2011 at 03:51 PM | 82335
Really tough question, but i voted Part VI. I think this is the most complete and entertaining F13 film to date. It has brutal kills, humor and it is well made (i know F13 well made oxymoron

). In the rare occaon i have someone that hasn't seen a Jason film i either put on Part VI or Part III.
Bezzerkerr Thursday 9/15/2011 at 12:47 PM | 82771
Jason Lives (Part 6, Amazing) Jason Takes Manhattan (Part 8, Jason looks

awesome, could have been way better) A New Beginning (Part 5, love this one) The New Blood (Part 7, good plot, Jason's mask looked great) The Final Chapter (Pretty Good) Part 3 (Good ending) Freddy vs Jason (Decent) Jason X (First Friday Movie I have ever seen. Mediocre. Felt like a spoof, or a Sci-Fi Original movie) Part 1 (Not a fan. Old ladies aren't scary) Remake (Pretty bad, Jason acts like Leatherface) Part 2 (Boring) Jason Goes To Hell (Terrible)
JasonMyers216 Saturday 9/17/2011 at 03:57 PM | 82865
My favorite Friday the 13th would definetly be the original.

The kills were spectacular, the cast was great, and I really liked the way that Ms.Vohrees was the killer and the awesome scene at the end when Jason jumped up out of the water and grabbe the girl.
vorheesfan79 Saturday 9/24/2011 at 06:39 PM | 83224
Jason X.....3 votes? who in the hell?!
AbominableDrPhibes78 Sunday 10/02/2011 at 01:37 AM | 83573
Part III all the way. Great kills, 3D, hottest girls, birth of the hockey mask, etc.
BloodBass Monday 10/03/2011 at 03:44 PM | 83724
For me I gotta say the first is the best but a close second is 4.
Jack123 Thursday 11/17/2011 at 02:54 AM | 87103