Forums Horror Movie Talk
We Look Back At TV's FRIDAY THE 13th: The Series

You can find all of the seasons on DVD (if you dare) by following this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Friday-13th-Compl ... B002FLOTPO
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/14/2011 at 01:57 AM | 76288
Awesome show... I used to watch it on Saturday Nights after Chilly Billy at home near Pittsburgh. It was on just before Tales from the Darkde!
Ringmaster Saturday 5/14/2011 at 02:08 AM | 76291
Yeah, Tales from the Darkde and Takes from the Crypt were a must back then. It's a shame that this day in age we don't have any of these shows to cling onto. You would think FearNet or another program, especially with all the channels available now would create a new horror anthology in vein of one of these shows or TRICK 'R TREAT the movie.

How about Freddy's Nightmares? Another example of Hollywood trying to capitalize on a name. That show however I didn't care for much at all.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/14/2011 at 02:14 AM | 76295
I loved that show and glad we at least got 3 seasons out of it. Sadly, I think it's biggest flaw was the title. I don't think most gave it enough of a chance without Jason in it.

Booman thanks for all the great Friday the 13th content today. You really made it feel like a national holiday. Kudos.
Maynardtscuggs Saturday 5/14/2011 at 02:46 AM | 76302
Thanks Maynardtscuggs we've had a blast all day long! This is HorrorBid and what we do. We are just glad we have so many great members that contribute and take the time to stop in and see us day in and day out. F13 gets just as much attention as will Halloween or any other day we can think up. We've even had a 3D week and an 80's celebration week. You never know what we are going to do, lol.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/14/2011 at 04:14 AM | 76316
Love F13. Also Freddy's Nightmares. Unlike most fans who don't understand where it could be coming from I can see it. It shows how the town has fallen apart cause of Freddy. It's great. Also love the Tales From The Darkde, Monsters, Tales From The Crypt, 80s Twilight Zone, Freaky Links, Night Vions, Poltergeist: The Legacy, 90s Outer Limits, The X-Files, Millennium, Masters of Horror, and so on. Love a lot of horror series.
MickeyESBBeck Friday 1/13/2012 at 08:59 AM | 89401
I remember watching this show as a kid and being completely freaked out of my mind.

Some clasc episodes I remember are one where a haunted wood chipper would spit out money when a human body was fed through it.

There was one where a little girl had a demonic playhouse that when she stepped inde it was all twisted and creepy.

And the one episode that still sticks in my mind to this day is called "The Faith Healer".

It was directed by none other than David Chronenberg.

The episode was about a faith healer that found a glove that could cure any illness, but it came with a terrible price.

Awesome show!

They sure don't make TV shows quite like this anymore.
xthekrakenx Friday 1/13/2012 at 03:31 PM | 89409