Forums Horror Movie Reviews
THE RESIDENT A disgruntled review

OK so I will be totally honest the main reason I wanted to view The Redent (2011) was because of the adorable Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Papa Winchester to all the Supernatural fans out there) It also starred Hilary Swank, who hasn't been getting on my nerves as much lately.

The Plot As Cut And Pasted From IMDB:

"When a young doctor suspects she may not be alone in her new Brooklyn loft, she learns that her landlord has formed a frightening obseson with her."

This was also about the same description as was on the back of the DVD box.

And that is all this movie was! From start to finish, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is supposed to be a creepy, RAPIST, obsessed landlord....and it's just not happening.

He is a pumpkin, he will never NOT be a pumpkin.

He was the least frightening stalker in the history of movies.

Throw in Swank that didn't even seem like she was trying to act in this movie, talk about phoning it in.

Her character, Juliet, (who is a friggon doctor...I would think doctors were smarter) is so convinced someone is coming into her apartment she installs cameras that stream directly to her computer. Does she check the computer every morning, especially after waking up late so often "feeling a little drugged"?!!!! NO SHE DOES NOT, NOT UNTIL THE VERY END! She checks it like twice.

Do you know how much an ADT Security System costs?

A lot of money. I would have bought a cat, just to feel like I wasn't wasting my money, and maybe I would have gotten some cute youtube worthy footage!

The movie is without a ngle twist.

JDM tries really hard to be scary, but he just isn't.

Hilary could have been replaced with a cardboard cut out. This movie was so lame it was depresng.

Don't waste your time with this movie.

I would have rather watched Hilary in the (2007) The Reaping, that was a decent horror flick where she had dialogue and facial expresons!

I'll include the trailer below, which is bacally just a summation of the entire movie. http://youtu.be/ixZMHng9kFU
BloodAndRibbons Sunday 5/15/2011 at 02:06 PM | 76405