Forums Horror Movie Talk
Theatre Goers Blessed With Live Performances of THE EXORCIST

Yes. The day has in fact come in a world full or remakes, re-imaginings, and adaptions The New York Times' ArtsBeat reports that the clasc 1973 film "The Exorcist" -- or at least the clasc 1971 novel "The Exorcist" that inspired the 1973 film "The Exorcist" -- is being mounted as a stage play for the first time at Los Angeles' Geffen Playhouse. The show opens in Los Angeles on July 3 of next year.

IFC's Matt nger actually jokes that perhaps if the stage place is successful we'll get an "Exorcist On Ice" adaption as well.

Apparently rather than recreating a terrifying experience that haunted our dreams as children the stage play will focus more on "Psychological aspects and questions of faith" and as much as i would love a "pea soup splash zone" i think the concept works much better than when i first heard about this news.

If you recall i just recently posted an article about The lence of the Lambs being turned into a mucal performance. Are we seeing a trend here? Is it posble that now that everyone is running out of remakes they're resorting to stage performances and mucals to be the next big disaster in the world of cinema?

You know the drill. Please share any thoughts, ideas, concerns, or anything else you may feel inclined to contributing.

Source: IFC Films
tjonahue Sunday 5/15/2011 at 05:42 PM | 76411