Forums Horror Movie Talk
Insidious Scared the F@*K out of me!

Ok so i am a huge slasher movie guy. The Halloween's, Friday the 13th's, and Nightmare's have always been my thing. When i saw Paranormal Activity for the first time in theaters it spooked me pretty good as it did pretty much every other person, but when i recently walked out of the theater after seeing Indious i had a completely different feeling. This movie scared the hell out of me and that is something that has not happened in a very long time. I have been so disappointed as many other horror fans have been in the past few years in just the lack of scariness in the genre but this film was great and much needed! I hope many people read this and feel the same way because i hope with James Wan's recent release it starts to turn the tide of horror and make it the genre that we all love to watch again!
ptwillis727 Monday 5/16/2011 at 12:31 AM | 76421
Ok so i am a huge slasher movie guy. The Halloween's, Friday the 13th's, and Nightmare's have always been my thing. When i saw Paranormal Activity for the first time in theaters it spooked me pretty good as it did pretty much every other person, but when i recently walked out of the theater after seeing Indious i had a completely different feeling. This movie scared the hell out of me and that is something that has not happened in a very long time. I have been so disappointed as many other horror fans have been in the past few years in just the lack of scariness in the genre but this film was great and much needed! I hope many people read this and feel the same way because i hope with James Wan's recent release it starts to turn the tide of horror and make it the genre that we all love to watch again Out of curioty what was it that scared you? I found that the sudden loud noises made me jump but I actually found it quite tame. Paranormal Activity on the other-hand did creep me out but I think it was more the fact that you couldn't see the demon and therefore relied more on my own imagination
Emsyplops Tuesday 5/17/2011 at 08:37 AM | 76460
Stuff with ghosts have always got me freaked but yea i agree on the demon thing. I've always thought the movies were scarier that didnt show everything ngle thing happening such as the bare minimum of blood that was in the original Halloween just so you really dont know what the hell happen so you use your own mind. I think the ending got me some too even though i freakin loved it. Just bc alot of movies in general these days especially in horror dont leave the movie hanging. The last semi decent horror film i saw do this was the drag me to hell film so i thought that was really cool.
ptwillis727 Tuesday 5/17/2011 at 11:31 AM | 76462