Forums Off Topic
Give Me A List...

I'm interested in seeing where these mainstream horror franchises stand in your mind: Halloween/Evil Dead/Friday The 13th/Child's Play/A Nightmare On Elm Street/Candyman/Scream/Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Rank them from best to worst... or...just pick out the best and the worst of the bunch.

Mine: 1.)Halloween 2.)Evil Dead 3.)Friday The 13th 4.)Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5.)A Nightmare On Elm Street 6.)Child's Play 7.)Candyman 8.)Scream
Myers31TKD Friday 1/25/2008 at 06:46 AM | 1201
I'm interested in seeing where these mainstream horror franchises stand in your mind: Halloween/Evil Dead/Friday The 13th/Child's Play/A Nightmare On Elm Street/Candyman/Scream/Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Rank them from best to worst... or...just pick out the best and the worst of the bunch.

Mine: 1.)Halloween (best) 2.)Evil Dead (3rd best) 3.)Friday The 13th (second best) 4.)Texas Chainsaw Massacre (4th best) 5.)A Nightmare On Elm Street (5th beat) 6.)Child's Play (meh) 7.)Candyman (6th best) 8.)Scream (runined slasher movies for all time!!!!!!!!)
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/25/2008 at 11:31 PM | 1245
Oh... it took me a while to realize that your answers were in the quote. For those who didn't see... Johnny Bisco's list:

1.)Halloween (best) 2.)Evil Dead (3rd best) 3.)Friday The 13th (second best) 4.)Texas Chainsaw Massacre (4th best) 5.)A Nightmare On Elm Street (5th beat) 6.)Child's Play (meh) 7.)Candyman (6th best) 8.)Scream (runined slasher movies for all time!!!!!!!!)
Myers31TKD Saturday 1/26/2008 at 09:42 AM | 1267
(runined slasher movies for all time!!!!!!!!)

I wouldn't say that scream "ruined" slasher movies for all time... but it definately didn't help them any.
Myers31TKD Saturday 1/26/2008 at 09:45 AM | 1268
(runined slasher movies for all time!!!!!!!!)

I wouldn't say that scream "ruined" slasher movies for all time... but it definately didn't help them any.

i enjoyed scream a lot in fact, 2 sucked ass and 3 was ok but too many movies came out after that were MTV style produced with Dawsons Creek dialogue and "hip" and "cool" and tried too hard thats why i say they ruined slasher movies.

hopefully with behind the mask and now hatchet they will go back into the right direction
Johnny Bisco Saturday 1/26/2008 at 11:43 AM | 1271
i enjoyed scream a lot in fact, 2 sucked ass and 3 was ok but too many movies came out after that were MTV style produced with Dawsons Creek dialogue and "hip" and "cool" and tried too hard thats why i say they ruined slasher movies.

Yes. Exactly...

hopefully with behind the mask and now hatchet they will go back into the right direction

I sure hope so. That's what I was thinking the entire time I was watching Hatchet. It was like, "Thank God... someone actually gets it". I've yet to see "Behind The Mask"... but I've only heard good things.
Myers31TKD Saturday 1/26/2008 at 02:48 PM | 1275