Forums Horror Movie Talk
MY NAME IS BRUCE release date & Sequel News!!

ShockTillYouDrop.com attended the Saturn Awards on Tuesday night in Universal City, California and caught up with Dark Horse Comics' Mike Richardson, who told us that Bruce Campbell's My Name is Bruce will hit theaters this October.

"Some people maybe thought the film fell out or that there was something wrong with it," Richardson says, touching on Bruce's slow journey getting before wide audiences. It was roughly a year ago that it screened to CineVegas film fest attendees. "We did our shoot, put it in the can and the studio that financed it liked it so much they gave us more money to do a second shoot. We beefed it up so it could go into the theaters."

But that's not all! Richardson said that a sequel, titled My Name is Still Bruce, is in the works as well. Dark Horse Entertainment and Image Entertainment will distribute both films.

In the first film, directed by Campbell from a script by Mark Verheiden, Campbell is mistaken for his character Ash from the "Evil Dead" trilogy and forced to fight a real monster in a small town in Oregon.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 6/27/2008 at 03:46 PM | 14621