Forums Horror Movie Talk
Somebody should pick this up!

$400 is a steal for this mask:

href="http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36142">http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/view ... =2&t=36142

If I didn't recently buy Sam's Proto, I'd be all over this!
zephro Wednesday 7/02/2008 at 02:34 PM | 15027
I will have to agree on this one.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 7/02/2008 at 03:21 PM | 15029
I just spent all of my mask fund..... Booo
Evildsm Wednesday 7/02/2008 at 03:35 PM | 15032
Cool....lol

Have other items from Sam currently in mind though

kweandee Wednesday 7/02/2008 at 04:42 PM | 15035
Well why not... Things like this only happen to me when I'm in the bucklet...

Shit..... If I had it I would!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 7/02/2008 at 04:59 PM | 15038
That's the same price I paid for my second one and it had been up for sale for a while.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for Crash to sell it at that price.
lblambert Wednesday 7/02/2008 at 05:55 PM | 15042
Damn!

It's at $325 now.

It figures that I just picked one of these up a few weeks ago for $25 more.

My timing has been a bit unlucky of late.
gummi Friday 7/04/2008 at 03:07 AM | 15175
Damn!

It's at $325 now.

It figures that I just picked one of these up a few weeks ago for $25 more.

My timing has been a bit unlucky of late.

Your timing!

I just paid $500 for mine, grant it, it's a prototype direct from Sam's hands with more pointy de burns to better resemble the 75 Kirk, but man this is crazy.

This is the best 75 replica made.I'm seriouly thinking about picking it up and selling it for $500 on EBAY come Halloween time!!!
zephro Friday 7/04/2008 at 03:20 AM | 15178
Could not agree more. I will never, EVER sell my Kirk for the mple fact that it is the closest I will ever be to an actual '75 Kirk

I have it foamed with eyes, Sam did it for me awhile back and I have it downstairs on a book shelf so I can stare at it every evening. I usually keep my displays in my office. Not this one.

Agreed it is a steal at this price and I am a bit shocked. You don't see these for sale period, and I figured when one did go up for grabs it would take a pretty penny to wheel it in.

Just a bad time right now I think for masks in general, but as Halloween grows near that will be the real test to see if this is just a bubble or if high energy costs are really affecting the collecting community.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/04/2008 at 03:31 AM | 15179
Just a bad time right now I think for masks in general, but as Halloween grows near that will be the real test to see if this is just a bubble or if high energy costs are really affecting the collecting community.

I couldn't agree more J...the prices usually skyrocket from mid August to the end of October and it will be interesting to see if that trend continues.

That being said, my own opinion is the market for high end masks will always be there mply because the people who have the disposable income to spend over a thousand dollars on a rubber mask won't be as affected by cost of living increases as the rest of us.Just my .02
lblambert Friday 7/04/2008 at 03:47 AM | 15181

I couldn't agree more J...the prices usually skyrocket from mid August to the end of October and it will be interesting to see if that trend continues.

That being said, my own opinion is the market for high end masks will always be there mply because the people who have the disposable income to spend over a thousand dollars on a rubber mask won't be as affected by cost of living increases as the rest of us.Just my .02

I agree with ya buddy. I am anxious about this Halloween as last year everything was selling big especially Myers with the new H9 being released.

While I do agree with you high end collectors with disposable income will always be able to afford these collectibles. The mid income level that might not by every great piece out there but will usually pick up high end pieces if they are something they really want are going to have to be even more choosy or mply go with out.

I have spoke with Joel about this in lengths but I do think we are being effected by the higher cost of living right now in general and I hope the trend doesn't continue. We joke around about gas prices being so high but for long commuters like me it really does affect every day life in a way that never has before. This is going to go from bad to worse if something doesn't happen, and happen quickly.

Please re-read this with the tune of the national anthem playing in your head please, LOL!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/04/2008 at 04:13 AM | 15182
...The mid income level that might not by every great piece out there but will usually pick up high end pieces if they are something they really want are going to have to be even more choosy or mply go with out...

I think you're right on point there. This group, which makes up a lot of us, is where the economic crunch is going to have the biggest impact on our hobby.
lblambert Friday 7/04/2008 at 04:43 AM | 15183
Right on target guys, I'm lower to mid middle class and I hardly own any masks just because I can't really afford it.

I'm a big collector (or use to be) of anything Star Wars and I'm really into the Mask hobby as well.

Now, I do own a Warlock (which took me over a year to get).

Like it was said, if I wanted it bad enough I was going to get it but if not . . there are many, MANY masks out there I would purchase if I had the funds to do so.
DaShape Friday 7/04/2008 at 04:54 AM | 15184