Forums Horror Movie Talk
whats this???

href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270250100310">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0250100310
Harry Warden Thursday 7/03/2008 at 02:56 AM | 15099
a really crappy movie that paled in comparison to the tv series!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Thursday 7/03/2008 at 02:58 AM | 15100
a really crappy movie that paled in comparison to the tv series I admit that it is FAR more elabrant than the actual show, and The actual show was Very Good, However I thought the movie was really creepy! Love that Gargoil one... It's my Favorite! I was just wondering what a Press Kit was and how the hell anyone could get it?

Thanks Bro! --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/03/2008 at 03:00 AM | 15101
okie dokie.

The press kit is a merchanding tool used to promote the film. The studios would send these kits out to the various newspapers, crtics, and theater chains, among other places, to give them a overview of what the movie is all about...etc.. They usually have synops, cast lists, posble financial info and a whole bunch of glossy promo pics from the film. Alot of times, they will have stills of scenes that weren't even used in the final film as well as publicity photos of the cast or characters.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Thursday 7/03/2008 at 03:14 AM | 15107
okie dokie.

The press kit is a merchanding tool used to promote the film. The studios would send these kits out to the various newspapers, crtics, and theater chains, among other places, to give them a overview of what the movie is all about...etc.. They usually have synops, cast lists, posble financial info and a whole bunch of glossy promo pics from the film. Alot of times, they will have stills of scenes that weren't even used in the final film as well as publicity photos of the cast or characters.

take care, Tommy Is it worth the buy at $8.00 shipped???

I don't know what these go for generally...

Thanks Tommy! --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/03/2008 at 03:45 AM | 15114
if you are a fan of the film, then i would definitely go for it. I have seen press kits for other films like the f13 and anoes series ealy go for over 100 bucks...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Thursday 7/03/2008 at 04:27 AM | 15123
This is one of the first horror films Joel and I watched with a ton of our friends at a birthday sleepover I had at my house when we were youngsters. I haven't seen the movie in a decade but it will always be a fav of mine for the mple fact it has sentimental value.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 7/03/2008 at 04:30 AM | 15124
yep,

By far one of my favorite horror movies just because it's partially the reason I got into this genre of movies . . .this movie and Evil Dead LOL
DaShape Thursday 7/03/2008 at 04:57 AM | 15125
Tommy got it right...here is an example of what is inde a press kit...This is my Original H4 press kit. It has more stills than what I showed...they are cool...If you are thinking of buying the one you posted do it...you will love it
Matthew Mayhem Thursday 7/03/2008 at 05:30 PM | 15156
WOW!!! I bet you paid an arm and a leg for that! Very Nice Man!

I wonder if there's any H1 Press Kits floating around??? --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/03/2008 at 05:40 PM | 15159
WOW!!! I bet you paid an arm and a leg for that! Very Nice Man!

I wonder if there's any H1 Press Kits floating around??? --RyanActually Ryan...I didnt pay anything really on this one...A fellow member at mm.net sent it to me in appreciation for helping him out with a project he was working on...I was very fortunate...you the person to pm or ask publicly would be Billy Kirkus or Knewby at mm.net...they know a ton about rare stuff like that...Im sure if there is one around one of them owns it or knows who does
Matthew Mayhem Thursday 7/03/2008 at 07:09 PM | 15161
Thanks for the info man! I'm too late on that Darkde Press Kit... Someone Skunked it right out from under me at the last minute... I didn't bid on it, because I wanted to know as much about it as I could given the time I had. So when I went to place my bid today, I seen that someone beat me to it... Oh Well... Really wasnt that big of a deal to me anyway... Just thought it was neat! --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/03/2008 at 07:43 PM | 15162
hmmm... Found a Halloween 2 Press Kit without a Folder...

:( ... To expenve for me, but I know you are HUGE into Myers and figured you find it to be worth your while. Go great with your H4 press Kit...

href="http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLOWEEN-II-PRESS-KIT-JAMIE-LEE-CURTIS-LANCE-GUEST_W0QQitemZ170234524452QQihZ007QQcategoryZ60356QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLOWEEN-II-PRESS- ... dZViewItem --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/03/2008 at 08:00 PM | 15163