Forums Horror Movie Talk
Will SCREAM 5 Happen? We Have The Answer....

While currently at the Cannes Film Festival, Harvey Weinstein sat down with MTV to talk about the speculations and rumors that are running ramped that SCREAM 5 either will or will not happen. Some interesting things are touched upon and judging by his answers it would seem that Dimenon Films is more than willing to take a chance with a firth installment.

"I'm sure

going to do a sequel, I'm sure he's going to do a sequel," Weinstein said. He added that Scream 4 had a box office boost thanks to overseas audiences. "Foreign

are so strong that we'll do over $100 million worldwide. It's at $90 now, with about five or x major countries to go and a lot of small ones. We'll probably do $110 million."

During press for the fourth film, Craven said he's open to doing another film as long as it has a strong script. Kevin Williamson had a new trilogy mapped out. But would Williamson return to script a fifth film?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 5/17/2011 at 10:49 PM | 76475
I am so happy
hm4life Sunday 5/22/2011 at 03:48 PM | 76640
I have no idea where they will go from here but I love Scream (the original)....tie it back in to the first story, forget about the rules and make it scary....if they do that then I would love to see a Scream 5.

The original Scream was witty and kept people guesng, 2,3 and 4 just don't live up....so....go back to what works!
NightShape Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 05:52 AM | 76790
Have the new Ghostface break all of the rules! That would confuse the lead characters...
Kidtut Friday 7/08/2011 at 12:23 AM | 78140