Forums Horror Movie Talk
Jesus Christ... Zombie Slayer In "Jesus Hates Zombies"

Actor Eric Balfour (Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, Skyline, x Feet Under) is set to direct "Jesus Hates Zombies". Mali Elfman is set to produce. The script was written by Michael Mongillo and Jason Alan Smith based on Stephen Lindsay’s comic book of the same name. Elfman's reason for jumping on board: "Though there have been other zombie films before, what attracted me to this film was its edginess, dark sense of humor, and intelligent commentary that really sets the film apart."

Actor turned director Eric Balfour adds: "It’s an honor to be a part of this project. It’s bold, unapologetic, and controveral. When I read the script, I was blown away by how well the writers had given life to Stephen’s graphic novel. What most intrigued me about the project was its heart and message. There is plenty of comedy and action in the script, but what I wasn’t expecting and am most excited about bringing to the screen is its message of love and faith. I love when a script can break the mold and offer something unique, and I’m going to work my ass off to honor Michael and Jason’s great script and Stephen’s fantastically unique world. The way I see it, Jesus was a bad ass and a revolutionary

who better to save humanity from the zombie apocalypse than JC?"

Comic Synopis: In a not so distant future, zombies have overrun the earth. Fearing for the future of humanity, God sends his son Jesus Christ to save humanity. Upon returning, he finds that his powers are greatly diminished as they are tied to others' faith in him. So he sets out to find the last remaining faithful and rally them to his cause.

Along the way he comes across various friends including Mother Theresa, Elvis Presley, a stripper named King, and a time traveling Abraham Lincoln, who brings his own problem along. Werewolves.

Source: Dread Central
Maynardtscuggs Wednesday 5/18/2011 at 02:44 PM | 76492