Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Alien Series Will Live On Even After Prometheus

Although it is still currently unclear where Prometheus is going to fit into the alien series, we have high hopes for the most part that it will be a worthy companion to the originals. However, hopefully a lot better than the two most recent installments.With that said, according to Clint of Moviehole:

"...the "Alien" series will continue – in another form. I don't know much, but I've heard whispers that sequels (to the original quadrilogy – Ripley's story) might be back

the cards; the whole 'Alien Planet' idea is still very much something everyone over at Fox and Scott Free are interested in. You ain't seen the last of Facehugger."

Prometheus stars Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Guy Pearce, and Michael Fassbender. Look for it when it hits theaters June 8th, 2012.

One thing that i find interesting about the project is that it's called Prometheus and in Greek mythology Prometheus is the Greek titan god of forethought. I don't know how exactly this could in any way have something to do with the plot of the movie or the title but its an interesting thought that maybe this film will have to do in some ways with Greek mythology, or maybe it's just a crazy thought. Till next time, Bidites!

Source: Dread Central
tjonahue Thursday 5/19/2011 at 09:35 PM | 76538
If it is related to the ALIEN series the PROMETHEUS is probably refering to whatever created the Xenomorphs. This is because Prometheus created and gave intelligence to the human race according to Greek myths.
Kidtut Friday 7/08/2011 at 01:23 AM | 78144