Forums Horror Movie Talk
Steven King's CARRIE Bleeds Her Way Back In Remake Form

It's safe to say a lot of us saw this one coming...However, it is my not-so-pleasure to report to the HorrorBid community that Stephen King's legendary psycho-telekinetic beauty queen Carrie is coming back from the grave to wreak havoc on her prom once more in yet another remake. MGM is the studio behind this disaster waiting to happen.

According to Deadline, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will be writing the script. He was also chosen to rewrite and potentially redeem Broadway's Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark and has booked several projects to follow afterward, including writing a remake of Carrie for MGM and Screen Gems.

In case you are culturally deprived here's the original plot synops, or at least one of the many entry's on IMDB. This particular synops is not quite what i would like it to be but i think it sums the movie up better than the other two.

The story of Carrie White, a girl brought up, almost in isolation, by her psychotically religious mother Margaret. After an embarrasng incident in the showers causes her fellow pupils to tease Carrie ruthlessly, her teacher Miss Desjardin disciplines them severely. Determined to have revenge, the other students hatch a plot against Carrie, which turns horribly wrong when Carrie's strange mental powers are unleashed during the school prom.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa said that his veron will be more true to the original book by Stephen King. That's all for now Bidites!

Source: Deadline & IMDB
tjonahue Friday 5/20/2011 at 02:02 AM | 76545
Interesting, but didn't they make a remake in the 90s called the rage Carrie 2
hm4life Friday 5/20/2011 at 09:31 AM | 76557
I tend to pretend that The Rage never even happened. It was titled like a sequel,yet written and filmed as if it were a remake. I don't understand what was going through their heads on the set of Carrie 2 but it wasn't very good.
tjonahue Friday 5/20/2011 at 01:57 PM | 76564