Forums Horror Movie Talk
NoES; Rebirth Of Evil Scene One Information!!!

After much anticipation and several conversations, Lester has finally given out information about his first scene and it’s something amazing, if not horrifying as well! For those of you who don’t know, Lester is a young writer who is amazingly smart and scary when it comes to the genre. He was a guest on “Rabbit in Red Radio,” which you can find right here on Horrorbid (episode 35) and he spoke about his script “Nightmare On Elm Street; Rebirth Of Evil”!!

His heart for horror is beyond comparison and his drive is even greater, but the question of whether or not his story has that scare factor remains. After hearing the first scene I can say that he has the talent and his script is shaping up into a truly horrifying event!!

“Most of the time you want to put people on edge, but my goal is to put them over the edge at an entirely new level,” Lester said, “Yea I want to scare people, but I also want to disturb them and posbly make them uncomfortable. It may sound mean, but if I made people cry because of fear then I’d know my idea was a true success.”

Making people cry and caung them to go over the edge, Lester sounds like he wants to push the boundaries to me! His idea is to create films that tear something away from people as he said on “Rabbit in Red Radio”. His goal is to make people feel like something good was taken away from them after seeing his work and they are disturbed because of it, for a long time. He was able to tell me the first scene and the action taken, as well as how it would look, its sounded frightening and as I thought of it and pictured it made me feel just as Lester wanted. The idea of a child getting brutally murdered is enough to frighten anybody, but when it’s shown as Lester wants, it’s just horrifying.

The scene involves a five year old girl who has been kidnapped, she is confronted by the killer, who treats her kindly and tells her that everything will be all right. Things, of course, take a turn for the worst when the killer makes his move! A vicious attack happens and although there isn’t too much gore (Lester believes they overdue the gore) it will show a level of violence only imaginable. Even more disturbing, is the killer’s drive to keep attacking viciously (IT’S A LITTLE GIRL PEOPLE!!). I of course had to ask Lester what people would think and what he’d have to say about it.

“People are always going to either love or hate an idea,” he said, “This idea presents a lot of areas that will either be seen as brilliant or awful, but that’s alright, the goal is to make people see the darker de of thing, you have to scare and disturb them. Everybody knows that harming a child is awful and just plain disgusting, but we all know there are people out there who hurt children. It’s been shown on film before and has always bothered people, it works. To convey that people like this are out there and show their actions bothers people. I know some will hate the idea and others will love it, there are several young children in my script along with older ones. All the same, I know even if people love or hate, they will be scared.

The idea sounded disturbing enough and Lester is right, it has been done before. It bothers everyone and although it’s seen as morbid to some we have to conder that the original films that we all love so much were seen in the same way. Lester said he had a morbid idea and he is right, but there is so much more to it. He has reinvented evil and is taking horror back to what it was, unafraid to go beyond the boundaries and to push it as far as he can. I wish him the best because he truly is a future MASTER OF HORROR!!!!!
That_guy Friday 5/20/2011 at 05:50 PM | 76573