Forums Horror Movie Talk
Steven King talks CARRIE Remake

Just yesterday it was announced that MGM was suiting up to do a remake of the horror clasc CARRIE, about a teenager girl with telekinetic powers who is pushed by her peers' elaborate bullying to wreak havoc on her highschool prom. The original novel for which CARRIE was the bas of was Written by literary hero Steven King.

Now today, Steven King has shared a few words with Entertainment Weekly and this is what he had to say:

"I've heard rumblings about a 'Carrie' remake, as I have about 'The Stand' and 'It.' Who knows if it will happen?" King tells EW. "The real question is why, when the original was so good? I mean, not 'Casablanca' or anything, but a really good horror-suspense film, much better than the book. Piper Laurie really got her teeth into the bad-mom thing. Although Lindsay Lohan as Carrie White… hmmm. It would certainly be fun to cast," he jokes. "I guess I could get behind it if they turned the project over to one of the Davids: Lynch or Cronenberg.”

Be sure to check back for any updates on the development of this project. Til next time, Bidites!

Source: Dread Central
tjonahue Friday 5/20/2011 at 07:10 PM | 76575
It's actually Stephen King, not Steven King, come on guys, get the guys name right. True Mainer here

:)
dvader3298 Sunday 5/22/2011 at 02:50 AM | 76624
I'm down with them remaking IT, Carrie... whatever Stephen King related movies they want. I just want them to be careful with who they cast as certain parts... for example, staying away from Megan Fox when casting Carrie. And if they do go forward with a remake of IT, I hope the ending doesn't come across as such a disappointment. When I watched the movie as a kid, I was creeped out through the whole movie, then the end came and I was let down.
AMadSquirrel21 Thursday 5/26/2011 at 03:24 AM | 76823