Forums Horror Movie Talk
A Horror Video Game Wishlist - What Would You Want To Play?

With the recent news that The Weinstein Company might be producing Horror video games under the TWC label and the even more recent announcement of a Child’s Play video game, I got to thinking….

What would we, the true Horror fans want to see happen with some of our favorite slashers in video game form?

These are just some of the things that I would want to see..please feel free to add..

A Nightmare on Elm Street: This is the only Horror slasher (to my knowledge) to get the video game treatment way back in 1989 for the NES.

It would be great to be able to play as a teenager trying to stay awake so as to not slip into the dreamworld or to have the option to play as Freddy himself going around Elm St. picking off innocent teenagers.

This game would have a lot of posbilities.

Choose to play as the good guy or the bad guy.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: You and your friends are traveling across county when your van crashes, you go for help but you pick the worst posble house of all time.

Try to survive (male or female characters) the different levels of the Hewitt house while trying to save your friends.

Once again you get the option to play as the good guy or the bad guys. Friday the 13th: You are camp counselor helping to re-open the new Camp Crystal Lake when your friends start to disappear and the stories of Jason Voorhees turn out to be more than just campfire stories.

You try to survive the camp settings, the forest and the lake while Jason hunts you down.

Again, play as the good guy or the bad guy.

Halloween: Set 15 years after Halloween II, Dr. Loomis has retired and passed the mantle of keeping Laurie and the town of Haddonfield safe from Michael Myers to you.

You must know where Laurie is at all times and stay one step ahead of Michael Myers who has returned yet again on Halloween night….or something like that….

Scream: This could be a mystery and a thriller.

You are a senior at Woodsboro High School when the anniversary of the original killings comes about.

A copycat is on the loose and it’s up to you to survive, keep your friends safe and to figure out who is behind the Ghostface mask before it’s too late.What video games do you want to see made?

We are LONG overdue for our favorite characters to get the video game treatment, let’s hope it happens soon!

http://analogmedium.com/blog/2007/10/Friday13thNES.
NightShape Sunday 5/22/2011 at 08:03 PM | 76644
Would love to see all these, be made! Don't forget a Hellraiser game! After Dante's Inferno, I can ealy see a Pinhead game on the horizon.
Alex Darkstrom Sunday 5/22/2011 at 09:01 PM | 76645
I would love a new friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street and a game based on the entire psycho series. I was actually thinking about this a little while ago. Psycho would be a great game to do, It could have a relive option, a rewrite option and a whole new story following any of the psycho films.

Relive could be recreate everything that happened as they did in the films with de misons and unlockables.

Rewrite would be to change the outcome.

and a whole new story wether

it be playing as norman or a new character you could some how end up at the bates motel and you get the chance to explore the entire property and can be like a suspense/horror/mystery game.

I think Psycho along with the others would make for great games.
axeman82 Sunday 5/22/2011 at 09:41 PM | 76646
I like too see a Hatchet Video game or Laid to Rest Video Game and the pics i seen on google would make a Awesome game Street Fighter Zombies
JasonZombie Sunday 5/22/2011 at 09:58 PM | 76648
Actually Halloween, Scream and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre all had video game releases.

Halloween appeared on the Atari 2600 in 1983 by Wizard Video Games

Description:

Protect the children and fight for your life "the night HE came home!"

Babytting a group of children in a large two-story house, players assume the role of Laurie Strode as psychopath Michael Myers has escaped from the mental institution and has come back for revenge. Players must guide the children to safe rooms while avoiding Michael Myers and his knife.

The house is large and full of dangerous blackouts and dead-ends within its xteen rooms. However, Laurie is not completely defenseless. There is a knife that can be found to protect herself once the familiar theme muc begins to play and killer remains in pursuit.

Players will advance to the next level by either stabbing Michael Myers twice, or rescuing five of the children.

The Texas Chainsaw Masscare appeared on the Atari 2600 in 1983 by Wizard Video Games

Description

You play as Leatherface and

you must chase some

youngsters who wandered onto your property around your obstacle ladened homestead. When you catch up to them it's time to press the fire button and let your chainsaw do its buness. The victims then look like they became inverted and quickly disappear without even a spot of blood.

Scream 4 was released this year on the iPhone and iPad.You can read about it HERE

Anonymous Monday 5/23/2011 at 12:15 AM | 76656
I never knew about the Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre atari games....lets get some updated verons!!Psycho, Hatchet, Hellraiser and Laid to Rest would be awesome!
NightShape Monday 5/23/2011 at 01:26 AM | 76660
I knew about all of those games because of The Angry Video Game Nerd (search him on youtube) but it would be awesome to have some games with the graphics and consoles of today. I would like to see a TCM game the most with Halloween and Friday the 13th coming in a tied close second.
Sephit Monday 5/23/2011 at 03:04 AM | 76666
I would love to see a SAW game made, your the victim going through the puzzle to survive.
BloodyChase15974 Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 11:47 PM | 76758
The Thing (based on the '82 veron) would be an interesting take on a survival-horror game.

They'd have to do it *just right* though, to keep it from being, for lack of a better word, really stupid. The only thing worse than a great video game made into a bad film is a great film made into a bad video game!
dew Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 12:01 AM | 76760
Actually, i have two ideas...

1.Phantasm as an FPS. Play as reggie or mike. events of phantasm 1&2. quad barrel shotgun!!!Ash as DLC anyone?

2. i would LOVE to see a stealth/ teamwork based Puppet Master game. Multiplayer with each puppet havng a different role in taking down victims. retro puppets for DLC. start out evil, turn good as the story progresses.

those are my two most wanted.

honorable mention to the idea of a scream mystery/ survival game. that would sell if not anything else.
pantera11431 Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 04:19 AM | 76783
I think that if they made more moden games off the slashers, they might be able to help boost the films?
cat Thursday 5/26/2011 at 05:12 PM | 76844
I think a SAW game is a brillient idea!!

It would be a game you wont be able to put down! Dont do a MY BLOODY VALETINE it wouldnt be that good, a bit to borring i think
cat Saturday 5/28/2011 at 06:30 PM | 76911
I think a SAW game is a brillient idea!!

It would be a game you wont be able to put down! Dont do a MY BLOODY VALETINE it wouldnt be that good, a bit to borring i think Actually I believe they do have a SAW game out already, or it's coming soon. I played the demo for xbox 360.
Sephit Sunday 5/29/2011 at 12:57 AM | 76921
God the posbilities are nearly endless here, I think they should go from the slasher standpoint. Nightmare game, you could try to set up things to scare the living shit out of a particular character leading them through a nightmare maze specific to their fears before ending it out with a dream warriors style showdown with each as you work your way through the kids. Character specific death scenes via QTE's and special finishers for minor characters ung combos, pull a combo and someone gets sucked through the floor Depp style. It could work. Friday the 13th, they should just have Jason go versus style on everyone and everything in his way with other characters in the slasher pantheon existing in the same reality like Leslie Vernon. Child's Play, be the manic little shit with some voodoo powers to take down some people while trying to get your body back. Hell even a Pumpkinhead game would be awesome. Start it off being summoned from hell to tear ass through some people that "obviously deserved it" and find out towards the end whether you wreaked vengeance or damned yourself killing innocent people. Definitely should get shot for this, but Hellraiser game... choose from the cenobites with character specific attacks and abilities depending on which. Clawed badass Wire Twins to go through with slashing melee attacks, Chatterer to be a hulking brute that grabs people and rips them apart with his hands, Pinhead to launch chains through peoples faces and send their asses to the Leviathan, The Female to go slashing through with her knives... A hack and slash devil may cry style Hellraiser would be some serious fun. After Hellraiser 3:Hell on Earth no one should be able to call blasphemy at least on this.
ironblade87 Monday 6/06/2011 at 08:36 AM | 77169
They also made an "A Nightmare on Elm Street" for the PC back in 89 as well, it was loosely based on ANES 3.

They did make a Saw game about 2 years ago for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The game parts in which you have to fight sucked, but the atmosphere was awesome. Haven't picked up the sequel to it yet.

Back around 2003 or so, they did release a Thing game, it served as a sequel to the movie, overall a good game, and at times scary as hell.

On a de note there was a Nightbreed game made for the PC too.

I would like to see a Halloween game, but.to have a longer.gameplay life, I would make it based on the entire series, posbly release each part as a DLC...
vandamrox Friday 6/10/2011 at 03:07 PM | 77313

Back around 2003 or so, they did release a Thing game, it served as a sequel to the movie, overall a good game, and at times scary as hell.What system was that for?
Sephit Saturday 6/11/2011 at 02:56 AM | 77327

Back around 2003 or so, they did release a Thing game, it served as a sequel to the movie, overall a good game, and at times scary as hell.What system was that for?

I believe it was a PS2 excluve, but not a 100% potive.
vandamrox Monday 6/13/2011 at 11:01 AM | 77391