Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rob Zombie Sheds More Light On THE LORDS OF SALEM

I can honestly say that Rob Zombie's THE LORDS OF SALEM is his first project i'm actually looking forward to. I've been eagerly waiting to hear more about it and Rob Zombie himself seemed to sense this. He allowed fans to ask questions on his blog and here are the responses that include more about his latest project.

FAN: “any CGI be used in the new film?”

Rob Zombie:

“At this time there are no plans to use any CGI in LORDS. I am not a fan of it although I think it can be very effective it used in very subtle ways. But no one uses it that way.”

FAN: “When will you shoot The Lords of Salem?”

RZ: “We have begun working, but not shooting yet. This is a very practical FXs heavy film, so that department has been working for awhile building insane shit. I will start after the summer. No one is on board yet but casting will start very soon.”

THE LORDS OF SALEM follows Heidi, a blonde rock chick, DJs as a local radio station, and together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster) forms part of the “Big H Radio Team”.

A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, “a t from the Lords”. She assumes it’s a rock band on a mison to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords’ record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.

Later, Whitey plays the Lords’ record, dubbing them the Lords of Salm, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a masve hit with listeners.

The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon Heidi and her cohorts find that the gig is far from the rock specticle they’re expecting: the original Lords of Salem are returning, and they’re out for BLOOD.

396px-Thelordsofsalem1.jpg Written by HorrorBid Columnist - Patrick Farmer

Source: Horror-Movies.ca
pmfarmer Monday 5/23/2011 at 06:34 AM | 76672
Regardless of what people think of Rob's Halloween films, HOUSE and REJECTS have firmly rooted him as one of the best if not THE best modern horror film makers.

I am looking forward to LORDS greatly! Im thinking we're going to be in store for a more brutal and deadly BLACK ROSES type film!!!!
ny ghoul Monday 5/23/2011 at 01:40 PM | 76673
Regardless of what people think of Rob's Halloween films, HOUSE and REJECTS have firmly rooted him as one of the best if not THE best modern horror film makers.

I am looking forward to LORDS greatly! Im thinking we're going to be in store for a more brutal and deadly BLACK ROSES type film

thats exactly how I feel
Stilesp1985 Monday 5/23/2011 at 11:15 PM | 76694

I am looking forward to LORDS greatly! Im thinking we're going to be in store for a more brutal and deadly BLACK ROSES type film

thats exactly how I feel

cheers brother!
ny ghoul Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 01:03 AM | 76699
I am so excited about this film for so many reasons it isn't funny. First of all, it does remind me of the 1980's film Trick or Treat. I loved Trick or Treat, nce I first saw it when I was about 15 in 1993. I was already a horror fan, and I was just getting into rock and metal. I loved Ozzy's cameo, and I still think that scene is hilarious based on what I know about the history of metal in the 80's..Then, a few months after I first saw Trick or Treat, I heard of White Zombie, one night when

I was listening to my favorite rock station, and the DJ said "Beavis and Butthead really like these guys", then he played White Zombie's Welcome to Planet MF. That was the beginning of my obseson with Zombie's work. I haven't been disappointed by any of his films, and I can't wait til he posts more about Lords of Salem.I am also really excited about this movie, because it is about witches. I am pagan, I started getting into neo Paganism and WIcca when I was 16. That year, for my final for 11th grade english, I did a research paper about The Salem Witch Trials.

Later, when I started college, I started meeting up with other people who practice magick and

reading up on magick practiced in other cultures. So, you can probably guess I love movies about witches, and I don't care if they are horror or non horror, or if they are about "good witches" or "bad witches". Some people who identify themselves as Wiccan are offended by any negative protrayal of a witch, but I am not, and I kind of feel that whining too much about political correctness

does more harm to the image modern pagans than horror movies.Finally I agree with what Rob said about CGI. It is over used in so many movies, to the point where it is really distracting. I think it looks really stupid in some movies, and really fake..So I am glad it is not going to be in Lords of Salem.
Moon Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 03:49 AM | 76706