Forums Off Topic
Do you miss the "old" Horrorbid?

Now, is it just me, or has horrorbid changed too much too fast? Dont get me wrong, horrorbid.com is still my #1 source for horror news/rumors, but i feel that its undergone too many facelifts in the last year.

It seems to me to have gotten more complex in its functions. that and i gotta be honest, i just plain miss the old look. another thing that could just be me is that the homepage feels cluttered newswise. it seems like i used to be able to just pop on, scroll through and see what i needed to see. Now theres so much stuff all over the place on the front page alone...i get lost instantly.

like i said, this isnt a bitch towards how horrorbid is now, im just wondering if im alone in my nostalgia of the 2010 format of horrorbid. your thoughts?
pantera11431 Monday 5/23/2011 at 09:59 PM | 76687
Thanks for the feedback! We are always trying our hardest to balance what works and what we need. We would love to hear any discusons on what we can do to improve the experience, especially on the homepage. Just be as specific as posble. Feedback is our most important tool and to be honest we want to create an experience that is easy and fun for everyone so input is always needed.

Keep the comments coming and thanks.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/23/2011 at 10:16 PM | 76689
I also miss the old Horrorbid. I must admit that it does seem quite cluttered nce it's changed. Despite the clutter, it's still one of the best horror tes on the net and the forum has a non cliquey atmosphere unlike a few other horror related forums I can think of.
Sourfacedbastard Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 12:28 PM | 76799
Yeah too many ads and the pages are really slow, and I have 12 MB cable. Also now pics don't show up or posts have the time, it is a black screen.
sirbrad Thursday 6/09/2011 at 04:37 AM | 77261
wow this place has changed a lot...............................................
Johnny Bisco Thursday 6/09/2011 at 07:48 AM | 77276
I admit that I miss the "old" Horrorbid.

It seems the forum has become almost entirely about movie previews and reviews.

Whenever I hit the View new posts link, about 90% of the page is covered with these posts, the vast majority of which almost nobody has replied to.

Not that these posts are a bad thing, it's just that the board seems flooded with them.

Every now and again you'll see a post about a mask, figure, or other project someone is doing.

Personally, I enjoy those posts much more, and there used to be a lot of that here.

Remember back in the day when users would submit their mask photos for voting into the Hall Of Fame?

That's when it was fun for me.

Oh well, different strokes I guess.

It's still a great te that I vit pretty much every day.

I'm sure that won't change.
gummi Friday 6/10/2011 at 02:11 AM | 77298
Yeah too many ads and the pages are really slow, and I have 12 MB cable. Also now pics don't show up or posts have the time, it is a black screen.

I've actually been having that same problem as well. it's especially bad with polls.
pantera11431 Friday 7/01/2011 at 07:36 PM | 77959
Could you also remove that annoying twitter and facebook link floating on the screen on top of the topics?
sirbrad Saturday 7/02/2011 at 07:57 AM | 77974

WTF??
sirbrad Saturday 7/02/2011 at 07:59 AM | 77975
I just posted pics for my new VS costume and all I see is a dirty long brick wall. It is getting ridiculous, and may as well be called horrorAD. Now I got to move around a facebook and Twitter link on top of every topic. I can't even see any of my own posts with pics or edit them as the buttons vanish when I try. WTF?? I come here a lot less now because of this.
sirbrad Saturday 7/02/2011 at 08:26 AM | 77977
Hey Brad, you make some great points. We can nix the Facebook and Twitter buttons if they are intruve. As for the ads, that is part of keeping the machine running unfortunately. With the traffic we get, mple bandwidth is barely covered with ad space and please note that we haven't added any extra ad space here on the te in over a year.

We have condered doing a completely ad free te and create a nominal fee of say $4.50 a person a month but that would have to be a move that we would want as many people to be ok with before we would ever do that....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 7/02/2011 at 10:19 AM | 77978
I've been a member of this te for a long time. I personally love the changes and they way the community has evolved. What do you expect, every te has ads. Its part of every major te. I don't expect them to provide a free service to us the fans without trying to recoup what funds that costs. I think we can all agree with that.
BIGKen Saturday 7/02/2011 at 04:44 PM | 77985
OK what about the pics not showing up and vanishing? Just goes to a brick wall. The only way I can see them is if I hit quick reply.
sirbrad Saturday 7/02/2011 at 10:38 PM | 77991
What browser are you ung? Try a different one, and see if the problem still persts.
Anonymous Saturday 7/02/2011 at 10:46 PM | 77992
OK what about the pics not showing up and vanishing? Just goes to a brick wall. The only way I can see them is if I hit quick reply.

I can see your pics fine also?
Shakelford, J. Rusty Saturday 7/02/2011 at 10:59 PM | 77994
I can also see your pics rbrad. assk kicking costume you have. one problem is youre ung internet expoder it looks like from your screenshot. i would go with firefox or chrome.
Disturbed_voices Sunday 7/03/2011 at 01:24 AM | 78004
Yeah I use IE but never had any issue before or elsewhere. It is an older veron as well as could not stand the new veron.
sirbrad Sunday 7/03/2011 at 04:21 AM | 78011
The facebook link is still right on top of the titles, is there anyway you can move it to the bottom right or something so the titles can be read?

sirbrad Monday 7/18/2011 at 03:37 AM | 78874
rbrad what type of monitor are you ung? mine isn't even widescreen and it doesn't do that. i think you need to adjust your resolution settings maybe?
Shakelford, J. Rusty Monday 7/18/2011 at 05:15 AM | 78878
I use 800x600 so I can see it better. I have a 32 inch but the text is too small at higher resolutions, plus I am not changing my setting because of one te.

No other forums have that.
sirbrad Wednesday 7/20/2011 at 12:44 AM | 78968
I love Horrorbid but I do think it's kind of cluttered. In my opinion, the worst part is that most posts almost never show up until I click somewhere within the page. That and the fact that there are so many seperate areas in the board index. Sometimes it's confung and makes me hetant to post. It just gets hard to decipher which is the right area for my topics. Movie news, movie talk, slasher talk, the vault, trailers and videos, horror movie reviews, dvd/blurays, and televion should all be put under horror movie talk nce they are all film related. Or at least mash a few together. Then have a special section for breaking news and rumors. And of course my favorite Horror collectables should stay the same as well as conventions.

And lastly, The general area should only be two sections: Off topic and the chat room. No need to seperate all that off topic stuff nce it all falls under entertainment. Just my thinking. More streamlined and less confung.

And I completely agree about misng hall of fame section. It was the best.
weaponx Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 12:54 AM | 79814
I definitely miss the old te.

Like Gummi I loved the old days when it was easy to find posts about masks, custom projects, and fun posts like that.

Now it just seems a bit too cluttered with film reviews and news about this or that.

And finding a place to even LOOK for masks is imposble, as there is no real place for that... bedes the collectibles area and they just fall underneath the posts about deshow products or NECA stuff or whatnot.The Facebook/Twitter box is also intruve and always in the way.

And last but not least the te loads uber slow compared to others I vit.

I just came back from a long hiatus and the te really isn't the same place I left.

I will still peek in from time to time, but even when I am looking for something to post on... it's imposble to find.I feel like I am looking through a hoarders garage for a set of keys.

DarkArtist81 Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 04:53 AM | 79850
Yeah the ads have gottne to be WAY too much, I can deal with them just lose that stupid facebook box in the center of the screen.
sirbrad Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 08:12 PM | 79887
Yeah the ads have gottne to be WAY too much, I can deal with them just lose that stupid facebook box in the center of the screen.

a lot of the issues you have are issues i used to deal with when i used IE on a regular bas. Firefox has really become my go to browser, rarely have any problems whatsoever.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 8/29/2011 at 10:48 PM | 81793