Forums Horror Movie Talk
Megan Fox To Play Carrie White in CARRIE Remake?

The subject of the Carrie remake has been very active of late. Just a few days ago we learned that MGM is moving full steam ahead on the planned remake of the 1976 clasc flick. The word that we got earlier was that

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will be penning the screenplay which is supposed to be truer to the novel than Brian De Palma's adaptation of the best seller.

Now with that said....tonight we learned that Megan Fox is very interested in playing the role of Carrie White. Although Megan is 25 years old and gorgeous, she doesn't think that her looks or age will stand in the way of her landing the role of the homely teen.

An inder close to the actress had this to say:

"Megan is a huge fan of the original and would love the chance to play the lead. She's 25 now but she's sure she could still do justice to teenage Carrie. She's told her people to make it happen."

The source also claims that Megan Fox, despite the recent rumors, is sticking to her guns and not accepting the role of Wonder Woman in order to purse the role of Carrie. Apparently the actress wants to distance herself from the role that she played in the blockbuster hit, Transformers.Carrie is currently under development.

Source: MovieWeb.com
Anonymous Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 04:52 AM | 76712
here we

go again whit another damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remake
JasonZombie Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 08:12 AM | 76718
If it's meant to be truer to the novel, Megan Fox is obviously wrong for the role. How much an idiot would a casting director have to be to even conder it? Not that it even needs to be redone. The '76 film was decent. I think we're all pretty well regned to the fact that you just can't squeeze an entire Stephen King novel into an hour and a half long film.
dew Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 11:40 AM | 76727
The thought of her playing Carrie is downright blasphemous.

Talentless wonder that she is. Although I personally think Amanda Seyfried would be great.
BloodAndRibbons Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 01:55 PM | 76730
I just dont see other teenagers making fun of Megan Fox. It has to be someone less beautiful. Dam remakes I think only bad movies should be remade. Movies that had alot of potential but were executed bad. Remaking clascs is just setting yourself up to fail.
DoubleshotJ Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 03:10 PM | 76731
I have nothing against Megan Fox but she is more eye candy than an iconic horror face. You cannot fill ssy Spacek's role with Megan Fox.

As for the fact that it is being remade? I'm growing tired of all of these remakes. If they can make it decent, I'll be surprised.
AMadSquirrel21 Tuesday 5/24/2011 at 04:25 PM | 76735
I just dont see other teenagers making fun of Megan Fox. It has to be someone less beautiful. Dam remakes I think only bad movies should be remade. Movies that had alot of potential but were executed bad. Remaking clascs is just setting yourself up to fail.

My thoughts exactly, right on man!
Sephit Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 01:04 PM | 76800
I think Roony Mara would be a much more appropriate choice. You either loved her or hated her in the NOES remake, buti think with her more "plain" looks and teenage appearance could ealy be better cast for this than Megan Fox.
pantera11431 Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 08:23 PM | 76811