Forums Horror Movie Talk
Stephen King's "IT" Celebrates 25th Anniversary

Coulrophobia (The abnormal, irrational fear of clowns) sets in with the news that Stephen King's "IT" is celebrating its 25th Anniversary with a special limited edition of the novel. The excluve deluxe tome is packed with special features. Check them out below as well as the special edition cover art:

The book’s special features include:

• Brand new afterword by King detailing why he wrote the book (the author calls IT his “final exam on FAMOUS MONSTERS”)

• Deluxe overzed degn (7 inches by 10 inches) featuring two-color interior printing

• Wraparound full-color cover artwork by Glen Orbik

• Nearly 30 pieces of color and B&W interior artwork by Alan M. Clark and Erin Wells

• Interior color artwork printed on high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book

• High-quality embossed endpapers and fine bindings for all editions

• Full-color gnature sheets with excluve color artwork in gned editions

• Extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the millions of copies of the novel you’ve seen in bookstores over the last 25 years

Yes it has in fact been 25 years nce Stephen King took horror to a whole new level in his groundbreaking novel "IT" about a creepy clown named Pennywise terrorizing children well into their adulthood. The novel presented true fear in a whole new format and received multiple honors and acclaimed awards. 'IT' is truly an icon of horror at it's finest.

Source: Fangoria.com
tjonahue Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 01:42 AM | 76773
the only movie/book to truly creep me out. the fact that they are trying to

remae this movie and cut it down to a 2 hour flick...Um ( not going to be any good if they do this , just like they are trying to cut down the stand remake. to 2 hours( Im srry these movies

were great AS IS and if they have a problem having a 4 hour movie remake well go try to make TITanic in under 2 hours then! these movies displayed the storys in great detail, amazing casting on all cilinders and I think there should be more of a uproar about the time limiting because these Masterpieces of storys, should NEVER be cut down if they are remade, because then its misng ALOT of the story, and depicting parts that were fans favorite parts and also ruining what made them clascs in the first place!

for example the remake,

did it do it justice to the orignal over all? are 90%100.00 of the die hard fans truly happy with the end result of this movie at all?

NO!!!!! so

PLEASE peaople write to the creators the directors, give them a piece of your mind. trust me, if

remakes are made with fans interest at heart alot of these movies would have been sequels NOT remakes!

I think Movies are better as sequels NOT remakes, yes we all like a fresh pair of eyes, but 15 years from now Does anyone want someone to lord of the rings instead of making a sequel? hell No SOUND OFF!!!!!

this movie / book is a clasc story anyone else become afraid of clowns because of this movie/book, I sure as hell did! but I saw this when I was 2 yrs old....and watched it again at 16, to finally see why I was so freaked by clowns...still have that phobia!
Horrorhottie627 Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 02:47 AM | 76776
wow! i literally just watched this movie again last night!lol

yknow what's funny,though... i find that the thing i loved the most out of this whole movie other than tim curry, is actually the main score. I never really noticed it until last night, but its actually a very emotional score. Funny thing about it, is that if you really listen to it it sounds like something that would belong in a Noir ffilm or something.

still, love the score. reminds me of redent evil outbreak a little.
pantera11431 Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 03:35 AM | 76778
One of the scariest concepts of all time....that new book cover is creepy!

No to a remake, maybe just fix the current movies ending....
NightShape Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 05:08 AM | 76785
This has been my favorite novel nce I first read it at 11 years old. Granted, there were large bits I didn't understand at the time, but going back time after time, it remains my all-time favorite. I'd love to get this edition but I checked it out via Cemetery Dance and $125 is pretty steep!

Also, totally agree that the score to the miniseries is fantastic. It's haunting and very ealy recognizable. Wish they would leave well enough alone and not attempt another film. No one is going to replace Tim Curry in the role of Pennywise. It just can't be done. Dennis Christopher and Harry Anderson as the adult Eddie and Ritchie were fantastic and the child actors as an ensemble were great. The remake-film is taking over the industry, it's pathetic!
dew Wednesday 5/25/2011 at 11:37 AM | 76797
yes I agree about the muc In the movie, and the general theme N concept and ty for supporting my no remake rule. I dont mean to step on anyones toes, but

has there been anything recently done that made you go wow I wish they would try that in now a adays, yes we may have upgraded the technology but with movies like the new nightmare on elm street out there,

Hope one day in the near future hollywood would get some brilliant ideas to listen to the fans!

I Loved the book and I agree 125.00 is a bit steep. are they charnging people that price for the stuff on the digital verons of the book a well? because technoliogy today you got the Nook, and Iphone library...ect how much is the digital veron of the book?
Horrorhottie627 Friday 5/27/2011 at 04:20 AM | 76870