Forums Horror Movie Talk
INSIDIOUS 2 Wishful Thinking Or A Done Deal?

It seems like every movie imaginable is receiving a sequel these days. Especially if the movie was a financial success, like

James Wan's supernatural thriller Indious was. Who would have ever predicted that it would go on to gross $69 million worldwide, making it the years most profitable movie thus far?

Well yesterday, according to Ryan Turek, Managing Editor of Shocktillyoudrop.com a sequel to Indious could well be on the horizon. Turek posted an excluve interview on the te with Jason Blum, the movies producer.

Here is what Jason had to say about the posbility of a sequel.

I wouldn't say we're not condering it." "There's no plan, no release date, nothing like that. I think James feels the same as Oren . Oren was very skeptical about doing a sequel to Paranormal Activity until Michael

pitched an idea and it made sense. If Leigh comes up with a story that's inventive and you feel like there's a story to tell - as opposed to 'let's make another movie and make money' - and he comes up with something James feels is worth making we would do it. And if Leigh doesn't, we won't."

I'm kinda up in the air about this one...I think that Indious stood on it's own two feet. It was a fun little ghost story and to do a sequel doesn't really make much sense to me. Anybody else agree?

Anonymous Saturday 5/28/2011 at 03:56 PM | 76909
I definitely do not want an Indious 2. The first one was a great movie in my opinion, and like many movies out there, I don't want it potentially ruined by a subpar sequel.
AMadSquirrel21 Saturday 5/28/2011 at 08:17 PM | 76912
Indious was awesome....no sequel, it's a great stand alone film....
NightShape Saturday 5/28/2011 at 09:14 PM | 76917
Indious was awesome....no sequel, it's a great stand alone film....

Exactly, there would be no reason for a sequel bedes getting more money.
Sephit Monday 5/30/2011 at 03:06 AM | 76953