Forums Horror Movie Talk
Todd Farmer Leaks Out More Details On HALLOWEEN 3 - H3D

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/1147.

Below is the latest interview with writer Todd Farmer who has written such films as Drive Angry 3D, Messengers 2: The Scarecrow, My Bloody Valentine, The Messengers and Jason X. He has been pushing his veron of H3 for months now and these are the latest details on what the story would actually imply after Rob Zombie's "Halloween II."

COLLIDER: Where would your take on Halloween fall between the original feel of it and what Rob Zombie created?

The goal of our Halloween was to bacally have this incredibly exciting, prolonged opening that took you on a continuation from the exact second that Rob’s Halloween 2 ended, and then took you through some surpring events for the rest of that night, and then picks up a year later, as Halloween is rolling around again, to take the movie back to its Carpenter roots, to really take Michael Myers back to his origin and how he started, and to travel the rest of the movie with him in that state. That was something that we were and are still incredibly excited to present.

Source: Collider
JoeTheHouseOfHorror Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 01:13 AM | 76998
Sounds interesting.

You can definitely count me in if this one ever gets made....
blakenorwood Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 01:22 AM | 76999
Thanks for the post. I'm certainly interested in seeing what they have to offer the franchise.
AMadSquirrel21 Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 01:34 AM | 77000
This sounds like an exact description of the second film. It starts off the second the last film stops then after a supring turn in events it jumps to a year later when Halloween is just rolling around. It still could be interesting though. I'd love to see some kind of Halloween 3 mask company story line added in.
weaponx Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 01:34 AM | 77001
That sounds cool, wish we could see a remake of the actual Halloween 3 though. I think that would be really cool.

Get rid of the whole robot thing first of all.

Make the owner of the lver Shamrock toy company a secret Pagan, bent on reminding of the world why they used to fear the night and Halloween.

His company makes masks(the clasc Witch, Skull, and Pumpkin) not with the intent of killing kids, but with the intent of making kids kill others, IN those masks.

Imagine a group of trick or treaters in pumpkin masks standing around, lifelessly, staring at a couple of something. And then the couple gets stabbed to death by the kids.

Make all the kids wearing the Halloween masks act like Michael Myers.
TrickOrTreater Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 02:10 AM | 77008
TheShape1188 Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 03:41 AM | 77012
I really hope that if H3 gets made, they use Todd Farmer's script because he seems really pasonate about it and I do like quite a few of his films. I would be pissed if they went with RZ again or someone totally random when Todd has this great script waiting to be made. Bring this script to life!
Sephit Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 06:07 AM | 77016
Hmm....sounds like he wants to bring it back to the beginning in a way. I'd love that. Maybe Michael dies and next Halloween its "The Shape" the inexplicably appears.

The script can be gold, but unless someone worthy is directing it won't matter. I for one do not want any of the horror "regulars".
ny ghoul Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 02:29 PM | 77022
I might not like all of his films but Todd Farmer does seem to really care about making a good Michael Myers movie..not quite sure about his choices with Jason X but..we all make mistakes..

I'm just not sure how they could use the Michael Myers character nce he had an entire police station unload their bullets on him at the end of H2.

Hopefully they figured something cool out..

I love the Michael Myers character, he's my favorite slasher so let's hope the series isn't dead forever.
NightShape Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 08:40 PM | 77030
He said the exact same thing when we interviewed him on Rabbit In Red in February.
LoomisLives2010 Wednesday 6/01/2011 at 11:47 PM | 77038
That sounds cool, wish we could see a remake of the actual Halloween 3 though. I think that would be really cool.

Get rid of the whole robot thing first of all.

Make the owner of the lver Shamrock toy company a secret Pagan, bent on reminding of the world why they used to fear the night and Halloween.

His company makes masks(the clasc Witch, Skull, and Pumpkin) not with the intent of killing kids, but with the intent of making kids kill others, IN those masks.

Imagine a group of trick or treaters in pumpkin masks standing around, lifelessly, staring at a couple of something. And then the couple gets stabbed to death by the kids.

Make all the kids wearing the Halloween masks act like Michael Myers.

HA! This sounds like a really great idea. Id love to see this done.
kizzle Thursday 6/02/2011 at 08:47 PM | 77061
yes hope to see new updates on this

heartlessangel Friday 6/03/2011 at 01:17 AM | 77069