Forums Horror Movie Talk
What?! A Good Throwback to the 80's and It's Made for TV!

A few years ago My Super Sweet 16 was huge,it was constantly running on MTV and MTV2. So MTV did the logical thing (wink) and turned the idea into a horror movie. They took the concept added death and called it My Super Psycho Sweet 16. The first Psycho 16 aired in October of 2009. It was about a girl who's psycho dad killed a bunch of kids at a skate rink in the 90's. Cut to 10 years later and said kid is an outcast thanks to her dad, but the popular boy has his eye on her. popular boys ex girlfriend decides to have her birthday at the same rink where everyone died,because she thinks it's a great idea. Little does anyone know that psycho dad is still around and he can't wait to kill again.

I know that it sounds corny, but you must not let my poorly brief breakdown of the plot sway you. It's a good watch and brings back many feelings of the great old 80's slasher flicks. It falls in line with Slaughter high,Terror Train, and The Prowler. With a sprinkle of Psycho and Halloween 2 plot elements. The cool thing is that you see the kills start but then it does the quick cut away and you just hear and see the killers reaction, I kinda miss that.

But it was made for MTV. Yes and MTV did a good job at casting these movies. The

main girl sky (Lauren McKnight), I believe would have been a way better Lorie in RZ Halloween. She is great at acting and looks so good I would chop up teens at a party for her. The whole cast delivers a believable performance and that is key in any movie.

But wait there's more. In October of 2010 they released psycho 16 part 2. I put it off for a long time, but i finally got around to watching it. And damn do I regret putting it off. I liked the 1st one, but part 2 was 10 times as good. It picks up at the end of the 1st one and follows Sky as she runs from that night to see her mother and half ster. The setup to this one was great. It was exactly what a sequel should be, a continuation of the 1st movie with continuity. The kills, dialogue, and acting is spot on. everyone owns their role and delivers.

So if you miss the great but mildly cheesy films of yesteryear, then check out the My Super Psycho Sweet 16 movies. It shows you can have a decent horror movie even if it's made for TV.

The Killer

The Daughter
Stilesp1985 Friday 6/03/2011 at 12:48 AM | 77067