Forums Horror Movie Talk
Take a Dark Ride With "MIDNIGHT STROLL" the Director's Cut!

All of you Bidite's witnessed the '5 minute' veron with out muc or sound fx but now I bring you the NINE MINUTE Director Cut for my short film "MIDNIGHT STROLL" with a muc score, sound fx and the cuts/credits I wanted to make.

This film was almost never made and it's a miracle that we were able to put this together in the time frame we had.

I knew about the Bidite Slasher contest but I didn't have any good ideas that I felt were worth bringing to life until one Night on a Stroll to the local Carl's Jr. with my close friend, the idea struck me like a machete through the dick.

This unfortunately happened to be literally weeks before the Horrorbid deadline.

After typing out the script, I decided to order the Bidite Slasher mask in hopes that it would reach me in time.

I approached my friend/colleague about making the film and he was stoked on the script and wanted to film it. While working around my crazy retail work schedule, I made an add on craigslist to find my actors and crew.

I held auditions days before the deadline, traveled two hours away to borrow some "ski masks" pick up my machete, fake blood, and the Bidite Slasher mask.

I still didn't have the house to film at and after asking everyone I knew, I found a house the night before shooting was suppose to begin.

The house is over a hundred years old, use to be a whore house back in the day and was creepy looking so I was stoked and relieved.

I changed the script to incorporate the difference in house structure and worked hard on the storyboards and shot list.

We filmed three nights in a row in a super fast pace with little sleep because of 8 hour day jobs and scheduling.

We got kicked out of the bank parking lot just as we got our last shots in.

For the shots inde the car, RIchard (Cinematographer) actually took turns tting on each actors laps filming while I was hiding in the back seat with the boom mic.

We finished filming and only had one day to edit the film.

I couldn't sleep, I stayed up editing until about 5 am and then we had someone score it with muc and sound fx but for some reason when we uploaded it on youtube, the muc and sound fx were absent.

We uploaded the film on Youtube numerous times with no avail but finally decided to submit it on Horrorbid anyways.

Although we didn't win or get much recognition, I took this as a gn to make it the length that I felt it needed to be and to mix the muc score myself/ sound fx myself.

I now bring you "MIDNIGHT STROLL" the Direct Cut. Enjoy Bidite's!

http://youtu.be/o0umvfg7Z2I
Sephit Monday 6/06/2011 at 08:39 AM | 77171
The scene at 7:24 is AWESOME!

Good job man..I would have never known that you had such a limited amount of time!
NightShape Tuesday 6/07/2011 at 05:15 AM | 77207
Thanks dude! Yeah 7:24 is definitely one of the highlights ha.
Sephit Tuesday 6/07/2011 at 07:59 AM | 77212
Just saw this on the front page, thanks guys!
Sephit Tuesday 6/21/2011 at 08:34 AM | 77610