Forums Horror Movie Talk
HALLOWEEN 3D Set For 2013? - Could It Finally Be True?

There has been a multitude of discuson as of late about the inevitable return of Michael Myers to the big screen. With all the rumors and talk we wondered if an announcement would be made soon and today we finally get some solid facts. According to a representative of the Weinstein Brothers, the duo have officially green-lit the long awaited project after nearly a 3 year wait.

Immediately after Zombie's H2 hit theaters in 2009 it was announced that director Patrick Luser and writer Todd Farmer would be working on the third (3D) installment taking the series quote "back to the John Carpenter roots". The first draft of the HALLOWEEN 3D script was written and presented to TWC (The Weinstein Company) but the project was put on hold due to a restructure of the companies finances at the time. Many wondered if the famous "white mask" killer would ever make his way back to Haddonfield.

Does this mean that the HELLRAISER remake has been put on hold (Luser and Farmer are both gned to work on it as well) or will H3D take a front seat? From what we've heard in the past speaking with Todd Farmer we are leaning ont he de that HELLRAISER will be made first followed by HALLOWEEN 3D. That is not concrete but something that was speculated at the time of the interview and something that the crew was mply waiting for the Weinstien's to confirm. With today's news we would assume that if HELLRAISER does indeed get made first that H3D would be slated to begin production in late 2012 with a 2013 release date, however nothing is set in stone at this point.

Is this good news horror fans or has the constantly reshuffling of this project and concerns about the direction of the franchise turned you sour on the future of Michael Myers? We would love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/halloweeen_movie_image.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/06/2011 at 05:37 PM | 77179
Im looking forward to this
VoltronLions Monday 6/06/2011 at 06:28 PM | 77182
This is good news, or a good rumor either way I'd be stoked to see their take on bringing the franchise back to it's John Carpenter roots.
Sephit Monday 6/06/2011 at 08:15 PM | 77187
I'm down for it. As long as there is some continuity from the end of H2.
creephouse Monday 6/06/2011 at 09:58 PM | 77189
It's hilarious how they always say something like "taking it back to its John Carpenter roots" with every new installment and it always ends up being the complete oppote.

How many times have we heard that with every new Marilyn Manson CD or horror movie. They will NEVER go back because it is a different time! You can only do what you will do now! You can only sell what sells now! Carpenter didnt go back to clasc horror roots. He did the NEWEST thing AT THAT TIME! Just like everyone does!

Hatchet II was the perfect example of proof that no matter what these guys think they are making... it will NEVER be what we loved about the roots.
d3M0n Monday 6/06/2011 at 10:05 PM | 77191
I hope the release date is true. I look forward to seeing Michael Myers on the big screen again. Though, I'm not sure what to think about H3 picking up where H2 left off. I loved Rob's vion and think he ended it very well. His Michael was never the same as Carpenter's Michael. They are two different characters. Rob Zombie intended for Michael to stay dead at the end of Halloween 2 and have that be end of story. For those who have seen the director's cut ending, that ending is Rob's

"real" ending to Halloween 2. When you see Laurie in the long white room at the very end, those are her last thoughts as she is dying, which is why that scene is so surreal and dream-like. She isn't really in a mental institution... as some people tend to think. She's dead and her family is whole again. But...I guess they are continuing the story from where Rob left it. They'll probably just use the whole "he didn't die", "indestructable Myers" excuse. Hopefully they can come up with something better than having him escape from the morgue or something cliché like that. I'm not complaining though...it's not like it's the first time they took a director's vion after he "ended" it and continued it with their own story. This happens in almost every slasher franchise. I just think of the sequels as being extentions of the story and another director's vion of where it can go. It happened with the original Halloween franchise and it's happening to the new franchise. It's just different people's takes on the same blueprints of the story and characters.

Long story short: I'm happy as long as there are more Halloween movies to watch that have a strong vion and a good, interesting story to tell. That's what I loved about Rob's Halloween movies, he knew what he wanted and he had a strong and inspired vion of the story. Hopefully Halloween 3 will bring something new and fresh to the series that'll keep it interesting. Can't wait.
Anonymous Monday 6/06/2011 at 11:35 PM | 77198
I agree with d3M0n. It doesn't matter what they say they're going to do, it will never be a complete take back to the roots. Although that may be a good thing in the right hands. I am looking forward to whatever they end up doing though.
AMadSquirrel21 Tuesday 6/07/2011 at 01:23 AM | 77202
im glade they still make halloween films remake or not michael myers will always be famous it will never be old they are great and clasc movies even h2 michael on screen will always make money and us fans will always be there to support the SHAPE halloween 3d show us what you got

heartlessangel Tuesday 6/07/2011 at 02:04 AM | 77204
I'm really interested to see how they will pull this movie off....I love Halloween and Michael Myers so of course I'm exctied to see what happens!
NightShape Tuesday 6/07/2011 at 05:19 AM | 77208
now is the perfect opportunity to start fresh. maybe everything from H2 is disregarded, and its present day and "the shape" returns out of nowhere. I dont want to pick up where RZ left off and please, hire a better director than Luser!
ny ghoul Tuesday 6/07/2011 at 02:20 PM | 77213
I'm excited nce I've liked the first two in the new series. Even if Rob isn't involved, I'll still go see it. It will be even better if it's still going back to Carpenter's roots.
BigRedBurnedMachine Thursday 6/09/2011 at 06:56 PM | 77287