Forums Horror Movie Talk
After Zombie's HalloweeN

Alright HalloweeN (2?) the movie is in the production stage I believe and will not be featuring Rob Zombie as the director this time, that much we know for sure. Will the film follow the H2 formula of hospital scenes mainly? Have any of you guys or gals heard details about this film and I guess the BIG million dollar question will be, what do you guys think the mask will look like after the ending we saw in H9?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 7/10/2008 at 04:36 AM | 15632
Well to be honest J, I hope for this movie to be a little Less elebrant than the first... To start with the Original Halloweens were Low Budget films and were alot better off that way for the senario... I can understand maybe adding a little bit more spunk for the newer age, but lets not over kill the movie with all the new modern technology.

Secondly, we can only hope that the new mask is not a blood covered kirk. To start with it's almost going to have to gave a differant opening than the original seeing as how Laurie shot him in the face. Another thing, I can't see the Hospital being in this one for the mple fact is, that if Myers got shot in the face; lets say Hipothetically they base it off of the opening in H4. He was in the hospital/aslym for a little while before his release. Before he got better. Therfor Laurie would have already gotton over the incidence that happend.

I look for the movie to be completely differant for those reasons. Looking back on Rob Zombie's Halloween, It was just one of those movies I could only take so much of. I seen it 3 times nce the Theaters and I can honestly say It's become one of those movies you can only watch maybe once a year or better. I don't like the direction that Rob took it. Hopefully for the sequel, they do a much better job!

With all of this being said, we can only hope for the best!

On another note, We all no that nce this is going to be Another Halloween remake, that EVERYONE will have there own take to the movie. There's going to be people that loved it unless of course it turns into another (Jason X), And there's going to be people that are going to Hate it. There's never a stop to that, but hopefully it will rule itself over to the good majority.

There's my 2 sense... --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/10/2008 at 06:00 AM | 15633
Cool. I think this will be better than halloween 8 so bring it on. If they wear camera head sets and have flying ninja kicks then I will be let down.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 7/10/2008 at 12:50 PM | 15639
Also, Tyler is contracted to reprise his role as The Shape . .. so the films got that going for it.
DaShape Thursday 7/10/2008 at 01:08 PM | 15640
if im not mistaken, tyler, scout and malcolm are all contractually obligated (lets hope malcolm doesnt mail it in this time)
Johnny Bisco Thursday 7/10/2008 at 10:29 PM | 15655
Halloween 2 has Malcolm, Tyler attached. . Scout isnt. . but she said due to her love of Malcolm she will "follow" him.

Rob isnt attached. . i know of a director that is in talks with the producers. . they want some thing VERY different. . from Rob Zombie. . they dont want it to feel like a RZ film. .

there is alot of exciting information coming but well got to see.

There is some copy rights issues that are being settled as we speak. . (universal owns the distrubution rights to Halloween II)

well see and ill let you know

ps. . notice too.

we did not see michael get shot in the face. . even tiny (grazed) head wounds will bleed alot. . also reshoots of the ending can tone down elements. .

super fans only account for less than 10% of the market. . so it makes sense if they take creative liberties with this.

if all of the film rocks except this then i dont care.

DEUSEXMACHINA222 Thursday 7/10/2008 at 10:50 PM | 15661
copyright issues ade this is not going to be a remake of halloween 2! its going to be a equel to rzs halloween ala TCM the beginning, hills have eyes 2 and so on

they just better not get another French guy to direct this
Johnny Bisco Thursday 7/10/2008 at 10:58 PM | 15665
What if any news do we have on the mask, any speculation on what it may look like or anything?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 7/10/2008 at 11:18 PM | 15671
Here's an article I found on through google... I havn't checked much into it but there are little buttons under it to Learn More and shit... Never clicked those... But... Here's this much,

href="http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/03/alexandre-bustillo-and-julien-muary-to-helm-halloween-2/">http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/03/ ... lloween-2/ Hopefully it has more in it than we already know... --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/10/2008 at 11:24 PM | 15672
What if any news do we have on the mask, any speculation on what it may look like or anything?

lblambert Thursday 7/10/2008 at 11:26 PM | 15673

me wants someone sculpt it now!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Thursday 7/10/2008 at 11:30 PM | 15674
Oh lord, what a great pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 7/10/2008 at 11:40 PM | 15675