Forums Horror Movie Talk
WOLFMAN Sequel Is Axed. 'WEREWOLF' Reboot Is Born

Two words....WOLFMAN REBOOTED?? Yup, you read that correctly. According to Moviehole.com, all talks of a sequel to the Benicio del Toro movie have finally come to a halt. Instead, Universal has given the green light for the movie to undergo a complete rewrite.

Michael Tabb apparently had already wrote a script for the movie, but according to the webte, Tabb's script was axed and is now in the process of being rewritten and reworked to be more of an original film, rather then a sequel. The movie is said to be closer to the clasc Universal monster movie series. A working title thats been pitched for the movie is Werewolf.

Filming is expected to begin this fall, and a director is presently being sought. Once a director is chosen, casting will begin shortly thereafter.

At this particular time, I'm not sure if it's a good decion to choose a reboot over a sequel. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Anonymous Wednesday 6/08/2011 at 07:55 PM | 77243
I dont know why!!! the first one failed miserably. Rick Baker is my idol when it comes to the make-up he does, but this film had so many failures from the get go and lost major amounts of money. I am not a Benicio Del Toro fan and he should have never been chosen. Along

with that of course they used way too much cgi. An American Werewolf in London is my favorite next to the clasc Lon Chaney Jr. veron. If they reboot this film they better do it right the second time...but i guess its their money they are wasting.
Warchief 13 Thursday 6/09/2011 at 04:46 AM | 77262