Forums Horror Movie Reviews
SUPER 8: You've Got To Experience It For Yourself

Have you ever found yourself just gazing up at the big movie screen in front of you with glazed over eyes of amazement?

This has happened very few times to me.

Rarely am I so captivated by what’s going on in the movie I’m watching that I lose all sense of reality.

I think that’s what movies like Super 8 are made for.

They have this way of uplifting you into a heightened sense of sheer joy while tugging at your nostalgic heartstrings.

To fully review this movie and give it justice is an imposble task.

It’s something you have to go and experience for yourself.

It’s a film that people from all walks of life will find a different and new interpretation.

For some I can see it being a potive reminder of how engaging and interesting the world once was when we were kids looking through those rose color glasses.

For others, it may be just be another failed attempt at trying to recapture a dying art form.

I do think, however, no matter who you are there is something in this movie you can identify with.

Super 8 is a very interesting blend of genres.

I think that blend is mply life.

Every day we go through a wide range of emotions that keeps up on this wild rollercoaster until the end.

It’s the type of movie that my parents grew up watching.

I felt honored to see someone like J.J. Abrams teaming up with Steven Spielberg to try and catch lightning in a jar.

I think they’ve done a successful and solid job.

There is something so innocent about having children as the main characters.

It just makes it seem so realistic.

For me, the most identifiable angle of this film was a group of great friends coming together to make a movie for a film festival.

"It'd be good for you to spent some time with kids who don't run around with cameras and monster make-up."

That's what one of the main character's dad tells him.

I could see myself and my friends in those characters.

It takes you to a special place in your mind and your heart.

I found it a little hard to be overwhelmed by the emotions being drawn out by the filmmakers and cast.

It was a science-fiction monster type movie, but was always intended to be so much more than that.

Super 8 isn’t about the monster.

It’s not about the villain.

It’s about experiencing moments, be them good or bad, with the people you care about.

It’s about living life and finding the good - whatever that is.

I would ask everyone to take it upon themselves and give it a try.

Release that inner child in you just dying to get out a play.

You never know what kind of adventure you’re in for.

Maybe someday you’ll get to save the day.

http://youtu.be/tCRQQCKS7go
dakotathomas Saturday 6/11/2011 at 05:25 AM | 77331
One of the best Movies I've ever seen. Amazing, very pleased. Loved the vintage feel it had throughout the entire film

Especially all the Halloween, Zombie

references.
TheShape1188 Saturday 6/11/2011 at 07:55 PM | 77346