Forums Horror Movie Talk
What Horror Movie Slipped By That You Should Have Seen?

We were having fun last night on HorrorBid's social networks talking about the 1987 film THE GATE, a film which I had not yet seen. It is currently playing on FearNet and is one of those films that I always loved the poster art and can remember vividly in the late 80's walking by the giant VHS box, yet never picking it up. It is one of those films that I almost feel embarrassed I hadn't seen.

Being a close part of the horror genre mounds and mounds of horror movies have made their way in front of my face at one time or another. Growing up I can remember seeing random horror gems that would later stoke the fire and push me to continue watching movie after movie, regardless if it was dreck or not. It was horror and horror is my love. Obviously as the years have went on my love for watching nearly any and every title that comes across my desk is something that I enjoy, regardless if there are 50 titles that fall flat, there is that diamond in the rough that reminds me of what loving horror is all about.

Needless to say after the fun I had to watch THE GATE for myself once and for all! I totally understand what all the hub bub is about. What a fun time and what great memories of yesteryear it brought back. Expect a full personal review in the near future as this is a must watch film. The feeling of the 80's is dripping throughout the film and it got me thinking. What are some other horror movies that you almost feel like you've missed out on. You know probably 99% of your horror friends have watched them but for whatever reason you never got the chance to see it for yourself. I know I can't be in the minority here and I have a list that would probably cause red flags every chance I needed to pull out my "horror card" at a convention or playing 20 questions with friends.

No matter your age or background there are always movies that you mply for whatever reason haven't gotten around to see. I'd love to hear what some of those are and I am sure we can all take solace knowing that there are others out there with these dirty little secrets, lol.

So the question is, what horror movie slipped you by that you know most people have seen and as a horror fan you feel like you should have also but just haven't for some reason. Let the therapy begin.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/15/2011 at 06:33 AM | 77472
I've somehow never got round to seeing 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?' Its strange because I love the clascs. Thankfully, I have now purchased this filma nd plan to watch it soon and alleviate my shame. Also, Ive never seen 'A Bay of Blood' in its entirety. Why I dont know. I own the damn thing. I recall long interest in it very quickly, despite it being loved by many. I'll have to get on that one too

Dr Phibes Wednesday 6/15/2011 at 08:20 AM | 77474
I have never seen the fog or the howling. I dont know why just never got around to it
DoubleshotJ Wednesday 6/15/2011 at 01:14 PM | 77477
I have never seen the fog or the howling. I dont know why just never got around to it The Fog has a cool oldskool vibe but The Howling (Bedes having cool wherewolf effects) is not a great film, in fact I really don't understand why there are so many damn sequels for that franchise and they are remaking it no less!

Okay back on topic:

I've never seen Rosemary's Baby, The People Under the Stairs, The Gate, The Serpent and the Rainbow and I have never seen American Wherewolf in its entirety although I plan to watch most of these very soon (borrowing from a friend and fellow Bidite).
Sephit Thursday 6/16/2011 at 01:59 AM | 77499
I have never seen the fog or the howling. I dont know why just never got around to it

Both clasc horror films.

I know that Sephit doesn't like it, but The Howling is my all-time favorite werewolf movie.

I highly recommend checking both of these out.

As far as movies that slipped by me, there are a few that everyone talks about that I need to see sometime:

Suspiria, Inde, and Cannibal Holocaust.
gummi Thursday 6/16/2011 at 02:42 AM | 77504
As sad as it is I have never seen the remake of The Thing. I don't know how its slipped by but it has.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Thursday 6/16/2011 at 02:49 AM | 77506
@Sephit If your into clasc horror then you have to see Rosemary's Baby. It's one of my all time favorites.
Anonymous Thursday 6/16/2011 at 03:27 AM | 77507
@Sephit If your into clasc horror then you have to see Rosemary's Baby. It's one of my all time favorites.

I know man, I been looking around for it. I might just have to buy it when I see it because none of my friends have it and I can't rent it anywhere. You recommend buying it?

The remake of the Thing is a must man, It's one of my favorites.

Gummi I understand liking the transformation scenes in the Howling but I personally enjoy Dog Soldiers a lot more.

I just watched INDE and I personally really liked it for the creepiness and the great effects.
Sephit Thursday 6/16/2011 at 04:20 AM | 77508
You can probably find it for about $5.00....I definitely recommend getting it, especially if your into psychological terror and supernatural horror.
Anonymous Thursday 6/16/2011 at 04:41 AM | 77510
You can probably find it for about $5.00....I definitely recommend getting it, especially if your into psychological terror and supernatural horror.

Will do, where do you recommend looking for it? I was going to look at FRY's they usually have a good selection for horror.
Sephit Thursday 6/16/2011 at 05:48 PM | 77515
eBay has a bunch from $5-$8 range.
Anonymous Friday 6/17/2011 at 02:16 AM | 77532