Forums Horror Movie Reviews
GREEN LANTERN Lights The Summer Up (Review)

Just when I thought it was going to be a Marvel summer, Green Lantern comes and blows me away. It made such an impact that I believe Marvel is not going to be on top much longer with live action adaptations of their properties.

Green Lantern stars Ryan Reynolds (Hal Jordan), Blake Lively (carol Ferris),Peter Sarsgaard (Hector Hammond), and Mark Strong (nestro). With voice work by Michael Clark Duncan and Geoffery Rush. This has to be THE summer movie. It contains so much action it will leave you in awe. The CGI work is great and does a perfect job of bringing the comics pages to life. Character development is great and you feel like you know Hal Jordan personally. The only character who didn't get fully explored was nestro, but judging by the story we will have much more of him to come in the sequel. The plot is great and brings in one of the greatest villains to grace the pages of DC, Parallax. Everything was perfect in this one and shows how great the DC properties can be when brought to the big screen the right way. I say see this one now and its a 100% buy when it hits DVD.

Stilesp1985 Friday 6/17/2011 at 11:46 PM | 77549