Forums Horror Movie Talk
Our Father's Day Salute To Horrors Scariest Dads

Father's Day is that joyous time of year when kids of all ages gather together to celebrate and honor our dads. As we all know, fathers can be quite intimidating at times, especially coming from the eyes of a child. Their deep voices and earnest stares are sometimes still enough to send us crying to our mommies. But compared to these x cinematic fathers, they're absolutely no match at all.

Jack Torrence - The Shining

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1056/theshining0013.

Spooked by the ghost of the hotel in which him and his family are staying, Jack Torrence starts slipping slowly into a web of insanity and despair, eventually he loses all sense of reality when the ghost of the hotels waiter convinces him to "correct" this family. But can you blame this father for such behavior? If I made out with a decaying corpse, I think I'd go a little nutty myself.

George Lutz - The Amityville Horror

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7082/tumblrkt6eeopa2b1qzk5ii.jpg" class="photoborder" />

After moving into a large house on the coast of Long Island with his family. The Lutz's soon discover that the house they just bought is already occupied by a not-so-friendly group of demonic inhabitants. Eventually the evil spirits get the best of Mr. Lutz, and they convince him that chopping up his family up with a big old Ax is a fatherly thing to do.Jerry Blake - The Stepfather

Enter Jerry Blake, the ideal family man. Jerry marries widows and divorcées with children, always in search of the perfect family. But when things start to go south, he quickly finds an easy way to deal with his problem. Eliminate the family and inherit another.

Grandpa Sawyer - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

"Grandpa" is the cannibalistic grandfather of Leatherface and patriarch of the Sawyer family. Once able to swing a mighty

sledgehammer, grandpa is hardly as robust as he used to be. Although, once he gets a taste of blood he usually perks right up.

Dad Meiks - Fraility

Dad Meiks is the ngle father of two sons, Fenton and Adam. Not only does he love his boys very much, but he also enjoys doing father/son activities with his two boys. Like taking them to the park, practicing their swing and playing a game of catch. The only problem is his idea of "playing catch" involves instructing them how to catch strangers, and his swing techniques also come in handy when they're forced to cut their victims up into pieces with a very sharp Axe.

Man - The People Under the Stairs

Clad from head-to-toe in his shiny black leather S&M outfit, "dad" kidnaps kids with his ster and uses them as needed for their demented household. But don't try to escape, because dad just might have to introduce you to another member of the family... his shotgun.

Happy Fathers Day
Anonymous Saturday 6/18/2011 at 04:35 AM | 77557
what a fun read! and a big happy fathers day to all of you and my pops today!
Disturbed_voices Saturday 6/18/2011 at 10:11 AM | 77562

Here's one more, Tiny's dad from House of a 1000 Corpses. Now this is one ck father.
Stilesp1985 Saturday 6/18/2011 at 06:01 PM | 77570
Great story and Jack in The Shinning takes the cake for me! Happy fathers day everyone.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Sunday 6/19/2011 at 02:36 AM | 77577
Hell yeah! Happy fathers day fellow bidites!
JaneDoe Saturday 6/16/2012 at 11:50 PM | 93697
Great article, and let's not forget Ed Sr. from THE MUTILATOR!
ObscureCinema101 Sunday 6/17/2012 at 02:42 AM | 93699
my father has been dead nce 1996. maybe he'll come back as a zombie...
aceofspades70 Sunday 6/17/2012 at 05:21 AM | 93702