Forums Horror Movie Talk
HELLBOY 3 Is Unlikely w/o GUILLERMO DEL TORO Says Mignola

A huge bummer was revealed this past weekend regarding the third installment of the Hellboy franchise. According to the webte

"The Daily Blam!", the creator of Darkhorse Comics' favorite son of Satan confirmed that, after much speculation, a third film is very unlikely, during his panel at the 2011 Calgary Comic Expo.Mike Mignola, the creator, artist and writer of Hellboy discussed the comics future of the horned hero. When questioned about the posbility of a third installment of Hellboy with del Toro at it's helm once again, Mignola laid out the bad news: "Last I heard he said he would not make it. Guillermo -- who I love -- in every interview there's a new story on what his next movie is and he honestly believes he's going to do all these things. But last I heard, he said, 'I'm never gonna get back to Hellboy.' I'm not surprised because he won't live long enough to do a tenth of the movies he's told me he's going to make.

"I can't imagine him (Del Toro) making a Hellboy 3. He's very enthuastic and says he's going to do all these things....ummm....he's cute ."

The author concluded by expresng his dere to stay focused on the world of comics for the time being and near future, even though film, gaming and TV offers are still prevalent.

So I guess for the time being we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that Guillermo changes his mind.

Source: The Daily Blam
Anonymous Monday 6/20/2011 at 11:11 PM | 77606