Forums Horror Movie Talk
i cant wait to give my money to Rob Zombie again

from the official rob zombies halloween page

"Halloween 3 disc set !!!!!!"

"Finally coming October 21 sees the release of a Three-Disc Collector's Edition of Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN, which will contain Zombie's MICHAEL LIVES, all-new four-and-a-half-hour... yes, we said four and a half hour documentary about the making of the film! This documentary takes you deep inde the production step by step , day by day. Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask."

"Making movies is a tough buness and this sucker shows you just how tough."

hmmmm let me get this straight in order for anyone to get the documentary you will have to be double dipped into buying the same movie one more time???? and with it being a 3 disc set im sure it will be "reasonably priced" whatever.......... im sure there are plenty of Zombie fanboys who will line up the stores for the privlege of being double dipped for a boring documentary so they can pay tribute to their god with yet more money. release it separately or not at all..................
Johnny Bisco Sunday 7/13/2008 at 01:08 PM | 15804
I want to see the documentary. Looks like I will be picking it up.....
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 7/13/2008 at 02:16 PM | 15806
i want to see it too but i will not pay for the same movie twice
Johnny Bisco Sunday 7/13/2008 at 02:29 PM | 15808
I will probably have one of my buddies who doesn't own it buy the other two and I will pitch in for the 3rd disk.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 7/13/2008 at 02:32 PM | 15809
Double dipping is pretty lame in my book, however assuming the price is not more than $25-$30 you've got to figure that a 4 1/2 hour documentary film is worth the price to double dip for. At that length that's practically 3 movies or 2 really long ones (which you'd probably pay $20 a piece for)... they should market it as a documentary that as a special feature, comes with the original movie, not the other way around. If the price is not outrageous it will be worth it. And heck, if that's in-depth as it says it will be, we might even learn something!
FilmFiends Sunday 7/13/2008 at 04:41 PM | 15814
Well let's be honest, this is hardly a new concept.

How many verons of Army of Darkness are there with one or two new features added each time? On my shelf alone there's the original release,

the Director's Cut, and the Boomstick Edition. On top of those I'm sure there were probably one or two others I didn't get.

Another example is Dawn of the Dead. They released one veron in March of '04 then 6 months later in September they released the 4 disc Ultimate Edition.

Need I even try to count how many verons of the original Halloween have been rleased?

Bash RZ for double dipping if you want, but there's a long line up ahead of him.
lblambert Sunday 7/13/2008 at 06:04 PM | 15821
I'm not no PADAWAN!!!!!!!!!! I can feel the Darkde Taking over!!! "EXICUTE ORDER 66"!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!! I'll be the dumbass who gets one... Bedes that, I had no idea there was a Boomstick Edition to the Army Of Darkness... Hmmm... Bisco you got the scoop on any of those alternate releases of the evil dead bedes "Withen The Woods"?

--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 7/13/2008 at 06:40 PM | 15823
i have army of darkness bootleg edition and the HD veron

never bought

the boomstick one, as far as evil dead i have the book of the dead and the ultimate edition (which has so much new stuff in it, its ck and WELL worth it)

Lee i know hes isnt the first nor the last, im just tired of double dippers period i dont care who does it, so dont think im picking on him and nobody else! hell i just saw a 40th anniversaty night of the living dead today when i went dvd shopping and that drove me nuts!

if Zombie would have done it the right way heres what he should have done, released the theatrical veron first and only that one and THEN release this 3 disc set with the directors cut, then i would have found this to be worthwhile!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 7/13/2008 at 07:13 PM | 15825
i completely agree on being irritated by all the double dipping that has been going on for years, but at the same time, i am a special features junkie. I usually watch all of those before i watch the main feature. I really enjoyed zombie's masve documentary on the devil's rejects dvd so this one should be really good too.on a de not, we must all try to remember that it is not rob zombie that is doing this to us.....it is the studio.

They make all of these decions.

They had to get the movie out on dvd as soon as posble to make as much money has they could on it. Zombie probably hadn't had proper time to look through and edit his documentary.....

take care, Tommy

btw....i noticed no one even missed my ass while i was gone.....lousy sons of bastard heathens on crack...
Homicidal9 Sunday 7/13/2008 at 10:24 PM | 15837
I agree guys double dipping is pretty lame.

It's going to be one hell of an October; I'll tell you that!
chaos_thorn Monday 7/14/2008 at 03:53 AM | 15875
mmmmm i think i mite get that when it comes out
jad Monday 7/14/2008 at 08:41 AM | 15879